Chapter Three

To the right is a picture of Emalee, who is played by Michelle Defraites ---->

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*The next day – Emalee’s POV*

As I got out of my car, I couldn’t help but feel as if someone is following me. What would someone want with me? I was a nice girl who was trying to go to an outdoor concert to enjoy myself. I had no enemies and no stalkers; at least I hope I don’t.

I locked up my car and walked towards where I heard the music coming from. Once I got there, I looked around. I was kind of hoping that some of my friends would be here so I wouldn’t be alone. I awkwardly stood staring up at the stage and I was all fidgety so I decided to just start walking around.

I was no longer paying attention to the music. I was out of my element, not knowing what to do. Without my friends, I was bored. So much for enjoying myself. Maybe I should just leave. I whipped around and screamed when I noticed there was someone looming over me.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you,” he said.

I looked up into his brown eyes and shrank away. He was kind of scary.

“Um…uh…it’s okay. I, uh, I have to go,” I said and tried to get around him, but he stepped in my path.

“No, don’t go. I didn’t mean to scare you. Can I make it up to you?” he asked.

“I don’t even know you, you creep!” I exclaimed.

“I’m really not a creep. I’m just a quiet guy who noticed a beautiful girl looking lonely, so I decided to introduce myself,” he explained. “I’m Dimitri.”

He stuck out his hand. I shook it and said, “I’m Emalee.”

“That name fits you perfectly,” he said, flashing me a smile.

I grinned. He was definitely a cutie. Maybe I could take him up on that offer.

“So, how do you intend to make it up to me?”

“How about an ice cream? Would that make you feel better?”

“As long as it’s chocolate. You give me anything chocolate and I’m your best friend.”

“I can see us being best friends,” he said with a smile. “Come on, I’ll show you the way.”

The walk was a little bit longer than I expected but I learned more about him along the way. I learned that he was from Russia and he had graduated 2 years ago. It surprised me because he looked as if he was my age. He was also surprised when he found out that I was still 17, not turning 18 for about half a year. He told me I looked older than that and it made me blush.