Chapter Twenty Seven

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Six Months Later – Rosie's POV*

I waddled down the stairs to the kitchen. It was the middle of the night, but I could care less. My stomach was growling and I was having serious cravings for pickles. I grabbed the jaw out of the fridge and opened it up, stuffing one in my mouth and holding another in my open hand.

As I opened the door to the fridge to put the jar back, a sharp pain came in my stomach. I gasped and dropped the jar. It shattered, but I didn't worry about it at this moment. I grabbed my stomach as the pain came again.

I quickly walked over to a chair and sat myself down. I screamed for help and a few moments later, the room was filled with about 20 people, one of them which were the pack doctor.

She automatically knew what was happening and I closed my eyes and groaned in pain. Two of the elders took me by the arms and helped me up the stairs to the infirmary where they laid me down on a bed. The doctor came bustling in.

"Can-can you get Emalee?" I asked.

"Someone needs to bring Emalee in here!" she yelled as she started stripping me of my clothes.

She changed me into a hospital gown and began to examine me. Emalee ran in and took a spot next to me, grabbing onto my hand.

"God, can I just push already?" I screamed as pain ripped through me.

"Nope, I'm sorry sweetie. And anyways, you're not fully dilated yet," she said. "I actually need to bring you in for a quick ultrasound to check on the babies seeing as they are werewolves and you are a human.

"Ugh!" I yelled. "Why does giving birth have to be so difficult?"

The doctor wheeled my bed into the ultrasound room and she was quick to start taking a look. When she gasped, my eyes flew open.

"What? What's wrong?" I freaked out.

"One of the babies, the one that will come out first, has the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck. Seeing as you are having three, it's going to be risky doing this. The others might be trying to come out while we're still trying to deal with this one. We need to rush you into an emergency C-section right now because before we know it, these babies will be coming out and we can't risk losing any of them," she said.

"Can you give me some god damn medication?" I asked.

She was quick to give me medicine and rushed me into operating room. Emalee stood by me, holding my hand, saying encouraging words. I just hoped that my babies will be okay.

"Em, can you please call Cay? I know we're fighting, but these are his children. He needs to know they are coming," I said.

"I can't leave you during this..." she trailed off.

"Please, just go call him," I pleaded.

She nodded and ran off.

"Alright, you're going to feel a bit of pressure, but nothing else," the doctor said.

I couldn't see her due to the curtain she had placed in front of my face. I could hear others running around though, helping her. There were some horrible sounds and then I heard crying. I teared up. That's my first beautiful baby.

Emalee came in with the phone attached to her ear.

"Caleb wants to talk to you," she said, holding the phone to my ear.