Chapter Seven

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Diana’s POV*

I hadn’t seen any of my friends since the last swim meet on Saturday. Not to mention most of them haven’t shown up to school in the past two days.

I headed into Starbucks for my morning coffee before school. The cute worker at the counter gave me a smile as he handed me my usual.

“Here you go beautiful. Just like you like it,” he said.

“Thanks Eric,” I grinned and dished out the money.

I turned around, only to slam into someone, spilling my sweltering coffee over my chest.

“Fuck!” I shrieked, dropping my coffee cup.

I desperately started trying to wipe the hot coffee off of my chest with my hands so it would stop burning me.

“I’m so sorry!” the guy exclaimed.

“Just fuck off!” I screamed as I ran out the door.

I fumbled for my keys in my pocket angrily and tried to stick them in the door. Instead I ended up dropping them. I cursed myself and bent down to grab them. But right as I did, another hand reached out and grappled onto them. My head snapped up and I made eye contact with the guy who made me spill coffee on myself.

“I believe you dropped these,” he said, handing them to me.

“No shit Sherlock,” I growled, ripping them out of his hands.

“I said I was sorry,” he said.

“Whatever,” I mumbled.

“How can I make it up to you?”

“You can’t. I have to go to school. See you later, loser,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Wait, please don’t go. I can’t stand to see people I don’t know mad at me. Especially beautiful girls like you.”

I turned to face him. “Why do you care so much?”

“Um…” he started, rubbing the back of his neck. “Because when I saw you, I had to know more about you.”

“Are you serious right now?”

“Yeah, I’m serious,” he stated.

“Oh…” I trailed off. A grin made its way onto my face. “You’re kind of sweet.”