Chapter 5

My brothers and Kyle stand protectively around me, shielding me from the twin alpha's.

"Give me our mate" the one that smells like rain demands, growling furiously; his eyes are pitch black, a clear sign that his wolf has taken over.

My eldest brother takes a step forward,  he is next in line for the Alpha position and is the only one here who contains the most power.

"I'm sure we can negotiate this" he tries but is interrupted by their threateningly growls.

My heart is beating a thousand miles per minute and I involuntarily take a step back, distancing myself further from the Alpha's. I didn't want to go with them.
The one smelling of fresh rain narrows his eyes as he notices my retreat, he sends me a dark look as if he's daring me to escape again, but both he and I know that this time I wouldn't get further than the outside of the house.

"If our mate doesn't come with us" the vanilla scented Alpha announces sending a shiver running down my spine,
"We will destroy this pack and everything in it"

A loud horror filled gasp escapes my throat and I look at the Alpha's smug and conceited faces,  further repulsing me from them.
I guess Kyle and my brothers were wrong, these two alpha's would destroy this pack, even if their mate had family there.
They were more heartless than either of us could've imagined.

Defeated and  knowing there was no chance for escape with my pack at stake, I begin to slowly make my way towards the Alpha's but a hand pulls me back, Kyle's.
I smile sadly at him as he continues to grip my hand, making his way towards me,

"Don't" I whisper suddenly afraid for him, but he ignores my request and embraces me in a final goodbye hug, standing directly  in front of the Alpha's.
I embrace and treasure his hug, knowing it will be the last one I'll ever receive.
I'm about to end it, when he is pulled from my grasp and flung across the room, he hits the wall with a loud thump, falling to the floor.

Screaming I rush towards him but am hit with the smell of fresh rain as strong muscular arms hold me back.

"No one touches what is ours" he growls in my ear his wolf still evidently in control.
"Please" I beg as I turn to face him, tears streaming wildly down my face, "I won't fight I'll come with you just please let me see that he is okay, please"

He stares at me unyielding but his eyes soften at my response, they flick back to the normal colour of ocean blue and he whispers,
"One minute"

I nod, running towards Kyle as my brothers crowd around him, close up, his chest is faintly moving slowly up and down and I sigh in relief. He's okay.

"Flick" he whispers his eyes opening slightly, "Don't go, please"

The two Alpha's growl in warning. I smile sadly down at Kyle, I want to run my hands through his hair but I didn't want to make the Alpha's angry again.

"Promise that you won't come after me, that you'll look after yourself.
Kyle shakes his head in response

"Kyle" I say, starting to panic, I can't leave without his promise I won't let him place himself in danger to protect me. I couldn't let the Alpha's hurt him again.

"Okay" he whispers defeatedly, closing his eyes from exhaustion

I turn my back on my brothers, knowing that I will be asking too much if I hug them as well.

"Tell Dad, I love him" I say and my brothers nod in reply. 'I'll miss you guys' I mouth as both alpha's grip each hand and lead me out of the pack house towards the waiting car.

The strawberry scented alpha opens the door for me and I slide fearfully into the back seat.