Chapter 9

Flicker's POV

I feel Ryder trying to communicate with Emma and I instantly block it off as I continue to get further and further away from the pack.

Panic sets in at the thought that they know I'm escaping, but I try to ignore it instead pushing myself to go faster. I still have a head start and a chance of actually getting out of me.

But Emma is fighting me at every turn, chanting in my head desperately to turn back.

"You want me to go back to my two possessive mates, that believe I'm their property, and only want me to increase their Alpha powers" I question

"But they're our mates, who love us". Emma tries to reason, but her argument falls on deaf ears.
I won't ever give in to them.

"When have they showed us love Emma, when". I scream at her, but she doesn't respond.
I can hear the sound of paws in the distance but I don't slow down. I can't give up, I've already gotten this far.

After two minutes of running I notice that its oddly quiet, it sounds almost like my mates have stopped in their pursuit to catch me. I breathe a sigh of relief, maybe they've decided to find someone else to be their Luna.
I keep running my eyes sets on the path in front of me. Unfortunately I don't notice the large black Alpha wolf leaping out of the forest until its too late.

I scream as the black wolf pins me to the floor, I know its Jake by the scent of rain, calming me slightly but gazing into his eyes I know that Jake is nowhere here.

Ryder is in control and my heart rate spikes. I try wriggling out from his grip, but it only earns me a vicious growl and I immediately stop. Turning my head to the side I see Zach circling me, with a look of anger present in his eyes.

"Why did you leave us" Ryder yells

I'm so terrified that I can't look him in the eye but then I remember the events that brought me here and my confident grows.

"Because I am not your property, you don't own me"

I hear Zach laughing, "You're wrong darling" he moves closer to me that I can feel his breath on my face. "Every inch of you belongs to us"

I gulp nervously but as I gaze at Ryder an idea forms in my head, maybe I can get them to reject me.

"Why don't you just reject me and claim another more subservient she-wolf"

Ryder pauses like he's seriously thinking of the idea, but then both Zach and Ryder growl ferociously like I've committed some grave sin.

"Another she-wolf would not provide us with as much power as our true mate" Ryder spits out

Disgust bubbles inside me, that's all they see me as a means to get more power. Why moon goddess, why would you put me with these two mates.

"I hate both of you" I whisper and I regret it instantly, sadness flickers across Ryder's face and I almost hear a whine from Zach.
When I look back at Ryder, his sudden sadness is replaced with fury and I'm petrified.

Ryder bends his face closer to mine and for a split second I think he is going to mark me. I desperately try to wriggle out of his grasp but Ryder only puts more pressure on me causing me to wince.

"I'll give you something to hate" he says viciously before piercing his canines into my shoulder.

My screams echo throughout the woods as his teeth connects with bone. The pain is unbearable
like my whole body is being ripped apart by rogues. I beg him to stop, tears streaming from my face but he only sinks his teeth further.

Emma tries communicating to him but its no use, I glance at Zach but he seems to be pleased with what Ryder is doing. I bare my neck in submission hoping that Ryder will stop but he doesn't.
"I'm sorry" I scream as the pain becomes too much and I shift into my human form sinking into unconsciousness.

Jake's POV
Gaining back control I retract my teeth from her shoulder, blood is spilling out of it and I quickly lick it, watching as it slowly heals.

Shifting into my human form I take some shorts out of the hidden trunk in the trees, handing it to Connor, I also place a large shirt over Flicker, looking at her perfect body, I have to restrain myself from marking and mating her, glancing at Connor I can see that he feels the same way.

I lift her up, placing her in my arms, as a wave of guilt hits me when I notice that bruises are beginning to form, but then I remember what she said, "I hate both of you".
Ryder shouldn't have bit her but overcome with all that anger, I completely understood.

"What should we do with her when we get back to the pack house" Connor asks as we begin to walk back.

"We need her to submit to us, to fully understand that we're her Alpha and we dominate her. She needs to understand that she can't leave us or do anything without our permission"

Flicker was right, why couldn't we just have a submissive she-wolf, right now I would reject her but my wolf was right. If I wanted to lead the strongest pack we needed the power our mate would provide us.

"We'll place her in the pack cells until she can fully understands her place" Connor clarifies and I agree nodding my head in consent. It pained me to do this but I could see no other way, as Alpha's we could not tolerate any disrespect.

Connor and I continue our walk back in silence, deep in our own thoughts.