Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Two weeks later

"Are you ready" I ask Cassidy, she was standing across the room next to Kyle. Their hands were entwined as she stared up at him, love adorning her face. I couldn't remember the last time the Alpha's looked at me like that.

Over these few weeks they had grown stronger as a couple despite their little privacy,  the beta and other pack wolves were still constantly watching them.

She turns looking at me, concern flickering deep in her blue cobalt eyes. She had aged since she met Kyle, changing from the sweet innocent girl I once knew to a strong mature woman.

"I am ready, but what about you Flicker, you're the one who'll be living with the consequences"

I lean against the cream armchair that had just been shipped in. The Alpha's as promised had given Kyle and Cassidy a beautiful double storied house, already furnished and ready to be lived in. As much as they wish they didn't, they both loved the house.

We were currently situated in the living room, it was designed perfectly with the couches surrounding the warm fire, its cackling flames warming the house.

But it wasn't enough for both of them to relinquish their freedom to my mates. I didn't know what was going to happen to the house once they escaped.

The Alpha's and I hadn't been talking much, since that argument, the Alpha's were still upset that I had chosen Cassidy's side over theirs.

They saw it as an act of betrayal, I can't imagine what they were going to think after today.

"Don't worry about me" I say lifting my lips into a smile. "I'll be fine"

"I will always worry about you Flicker" She releases Kyle's hand and walks over towards me, wrapping her arms around my body as she hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you" I say still holding onto to her

"Me too"

We step back and look out the french windows opposite to us, watching as the winter sun slowly creeps into the room.

I glance at Kyle, he nods at me in appreciation, over this time he had fallen so deeply in love with Cassidy that he often didn't spare me a second glance when I entered the room. I was so happy for him, so delighted that he had found a mate who loved him just as much as he did.

Holding my emotions together I leave the room, sparing one last glance at both of them. If this plan worked it would be the last time I'd see them, I couldn't imagine my mates allowing me to visit my old pack.

My face is devoid of any emotion as I step into the hallway walking towards the door. Internally my emotions were a wreck but to everyone watching this had to look like another one of my morning visits.

I swing the door open, letting in a gust of cold wind. Wrapping the cardigan tightly around me, I trudge back to the house trying in my best attempt to keep my teeth from chattering.

I nod my head at the beta hiding within the tree's but he doesn't acknowledge me, staring forward impassively at the forest before him.

I sigh inwardly knowing that he like usual would've already informed Jake and Connor of my early morning visit.

The lights are all lit up inside as I grasp the icy handle opening the front door. My core temperature rises a little as I savour the warm air inside. The smell of breakfast wafts through the house and I let my body lead me quickly towards the kitchen.

My feet slow as Jake and Connor enter my line of vision, they were sitting on the barstools eating breakfast. Normally they were still asleep in bed. There was a spare seat in the middle leaving me trapped between them.