Chapter 11

Connor's POV

As I turn away all I can see is my mate's beautiful face filled with sadness, it's already burnt into my memory, forever haunting me until she decides to submit to us.

Sighing out loud it takes all my willpower not to turn back and embrace her in my arms, soothing her while I whisper comforting word. It wouldn't change anything she would still challenge our authority and power, something that couldn't happen.

"She brought this on herself" Jake reminds me glancing my way. I meet his gaze and notice his eyes hooded with guilt. I knew that underneath his cold and icy exterior he cared for Flicker, loved her.
"We gave her the choice to submit and she refused it"

I nod, it will only be a few days I remind myself, she wouldn't stay down there forever.

"Please, we're sorry don't chain us up. Please I'm your mate a gift from the moon goddess, don't chain me up"
Emma's voice cuts into my thoughts, destroying most of my willpower but I push on, ignoring her.
I allow my wolf to come to the surface answering her call. Inside pain begins to emanate at what I was doing to my beautiful mate but she needed to learn that we were dominant, the superior beings.

"Tell the human side to submit" Zach says emotionless

I still can't understand how this wasn't affecting him,
"She needs to submit to us, regardless for the pain the human or Emma has to go through."

He answers my question and I'm able notice that he says Emma's name with sadness, indicating that he does care for her.

"I'm sorry, please don't" Emma voice stops and its replaced with a loud and mournful whimper. I can't feel her pain yet but her painful whimper feels like someone shot an arrow to my heart.

"I'm so sorry my beautiful Emma, please get your human to submit to us, please" Zach says sorrowfully.

I'm surprised that Zach is apologising, I have never heard him say sorry to anyone, Emma's affecting him more than I thought.

Soon after, Zach cuts off the connection blocking any more thought coming from Emma. Both deep in our thoughts, Jake and I continue walking towards the pack house trying desperately to forget what we had just left behind.

Flicker's POV
Its been two extremely long and torturous weeks since the Alpha's sent me to the pack prison. They haven't bothered to check up on me, revealing how little they actually cared for me.
Once a day one of the pack members arrives at my cell asking if I'm ready to submit. Everyday it's the same monotonous answer, No.

Here in the pack prison they've provided me with the full experience of being a prisoner, the food is served to me once every three days if I'm lucky and half the times it's not even edible. Sometimes I think that the Alpha's plan is to just wait for me to die, then the mood goddess might grant them another mate.

I'd lost weight since I came and I was constantly weak due to the silver chains wrapped around my wrists, ankles and neck. The pain was still unbearable but somehow I'd become accustomed to it, a reminder at the back of my mind that I would never forgive the two Alpha's.

However even with the pain and feeling uselessly weak, I still wasn't worried about me, it was Emma I was concerned about.

If I didn't shift soon she would eventually become too weak and tired and would disappear forever.

The werewolf side of a person could only survive as long as their human form shifted constantly. Alpha's could last the longest time without shifting, then it was Luna's and Beta's and so on, continuing down the rank of werewolves.

Since I hadn't claimed the Luna position, Emma sadly wouldn't be able to survive much longer, I still had Alpha blood but it wouldn't be enough not with the additional silver sapping me of my energy.
Worse still was that, she hadn't been talking to me, either too weak or too angry for not submitting to our mates.

What Emma didn't understand is that I would never submit to them if it was just my life I was responsible for however I was also responsible for hers, to keep her alive I would submit to the two Alpha's. She was my best friend and confidant in place full of strangers.

The imminent problem was I had never imagined the two Alpha's to keep me contained for so long,

I was waiting for them to come down and say "Well I hope you've learnt your lesson" but they were just as stubborn as I was.

My stomach grumbles with hunger but I ignore it, like I've been doing for the past week. As a result of the stupid mate bond, i've also been having difficulty sleeping.

Once a werewolf finds their mate and marks them, they both become extremely dependent on each other.
The two Alpha's hadn't marked me yet and I was dreading the day that happened, but because of their power and the fact that there was two of them, to survive I needed to remain close to them.

It's why, Jake's puncture mark still looked bruised, for it to fully heal I would need to remain next to them, similarly it's why I was having trouble sleeping, if I wanted to receive any proper rest I would need to be annoyingly next to the Alpha's.

Closing my eyes I try again to fall asleep as I begin to wonder how the two Alpha's are doing without me.

Jake's POV

I sigh as I get out of bed, glancing around the room, Flicker's scent still faintly lingers within it.

My wolf Ryder growls in response to her name, he has become increasingly angry over the past two week, demanding why she hasn't submitted yet.
Deep down however I can tell that he just desperately misses his mate, he wants to rub his scent all over her, protect her, wake up in the morning and see her smile, thinking of this I glance at the space next to us where Flicker should be warming the bed, but most importantly he just wants to mark her as his.

I flick my eyes over to Connor, he's tossing and turning in bed again, while she's been in the prison, neither of us have been getting much sleep and it shows, yesterday we yelled at our maid because she served us the wrong breakfast.

Our pack has been walking around on eggshells ever since they heard about our mate, nobody wants to upset us, even our beta has been careful about what he says.

What's worse is that her wolf has suddenly stopped responding to ours, Ryder believes it's an act of defiance, yesterday he wanted to storm down to the prison and show his mate who was in charge, but I prevented him, if I went down there I would probably just forgive Flicker all together.

Sighing I place my head in my hands why was this so difficult, why couldn't she just submit to us mood goddess, why?