Chapter 10

Author's note
Thank you all for reading my story and for the comments and votes
You guys are truly the best
I'll try and update again soon
Speech_error

Flicker's POV

My eyes slowly flutter open to the sight of the evergreen pine tree's surrounding the pack. I watch as the last rays of sunlight stream through the tree's warming my skin, but the temperature quickly plummets as an unwanted breeze sweeps through, causing me to shiver.

Taking a deep breath I surprisingly feel content, safe, protected.

The icy breeze arrives again raking my body, I cross my arms over my chest in an effort to warm myself but pain lances sharply through my right arm when I move.
Confused, I try to recall what happened when I realise absent-mindedly that I'm being carried.

Glancing up, Jake's face fills my vision, his expression is guarded, neutral almost in appearance but his locked jaw and pursed lips reveals his hidden anger.

He bends his head towards me meeting my gaze causing a warm blush to cover my face. I watch as his carefully guarded face changes as sadness flickers across it, but it's quickly replaced with something cold, distant and unapproachable.

He breaks the gaze and I'm left feeling utterly confused until the memories flood back and I feel like I've been submerged in icy water; escaping the mansion, the Alpha's catching me and Ryder ripping his teeth into my shoulder after I admitted that I hate him.

I attempt to move my arm again but it's still painful and I inadvertently wince. Glancing up, I expect to hear some sort of apology but he continues to remain silent.
I realise that he's still fuming after what I told Ryder.

I try to shuffle out of his arms but his grip only tightens and I know its a warning.
I see the pack house looming in the distance and my heart beat rises, there's no way I'll ever be able to escape again. The Alpha's will have me on twenty four hour watch.

After everything that has happened, I know that I can't stay here not when the Alpha's have no respect for me and only want me as their mate for the power I will provide them with. 

The sun is just setting low on the horizon as we near the house and I expected to see more people.

"We've sent them all to their homes" Jake says as if he heard my thoughts.

"Why" I say and I'm beginning to feel confused as Jake carries me past the extravagant mansion, a place that I will never call home.

"Because you need to become a submissive mate that listens to us" Connor says his voice is hard and cold and I'm beginning to become worried

They carry me towards the edge of the pack and my breathing halts as it suddenly sinks in where we're going to, the pack jail.

"They wouldn't do that to their mate, would they" I ask Emma, but she doesn't respond, probably still angry and frustrated about the mess I've gotten us in.

They continue to walk in its direction, the stench of dirt and rotting flesh becoming stronger and my fears are confirmed, they're going to lock me up.

"Please don't" I whisper frightened, never once thinking that they would do something like this.

"You chose this path Flicker not us" Connor says

I try wriggling out of Jake's arms wincing as pain continues to flare in the bite mark. I can feel that he licked the wound and it had begun to heal but that wouldn't be enough. I wasn't mated to them and if I wanted it to heal completely I would have to stay physically close to them for the next few days, something that wasn't going to happen.

They eventually reach the guards patrolling the prison,

"Alpha" they both say, bowing their heads in submission.

"Take her down to the cells and treat like a prisoner" Jake says dropping me to the floor as if I'm some useless and feral rogue

"But Alpha, she's the Luna" one of the guard says, looking up I admire his courage but I watch as he quickly quivers with fright as both Alphas stare him down.

"And she will stay there until she submits to us"

"I won't ever submit" I shout

The Alphas only growl in response, their eyes beginning to flicker black.

"Take her and chain her up"Jake says his voice cold and devoid of any emotion

As the guards lift me up, it takes me a moment to process what he just said,

"Chain me" I repeat astonished and suddenly extremely frightened as I look at Jake and Connor, they couldn't be serious. Those scars wouldn't fade until I truly accepted them.

"Please don't chain me" I whimper. "Anything else but don't chain me". Connor's carefully composed mask drops and his features are etched in sadness. He opens his mouth to say something but Jake rests his hand on his back, telling him something through the mind link. A second is all it takes for his face to return to its unfeeling state. Connor gives his nod of consent but he bends down until he's eyesight with me.

"Flicker all you need to say is that you submit and then you can return home with us" Connor tells me.

I ignore him and he sighs, taking my silence as a no.

Turning their backs, they both walk away leaving me to this cruel fate. I allow the guards to drag me down to the cells, having no energy to fight.

I felt betrayed and hurt how could they do this to their mate, a gift from the moon goddess.
It is in this moment that I truly realised, the rumours were true they were monsters and I was never going to open my heart to them.

........

The cells are empty, I'm currently their only prisoner.

The guards carefully place me in my cell. I sit there defeated, knowing that there was no point in trying to escape, they would only catch me again and I couldn't imagine what they would do to me next time.

The head officer walks in, his eyes are full of sadness as he clutches the metal cuff with gloved hands.

"I'm sorry Luna" he whispers, "You don't deserve this no matter what you've done", he looks like he's about to cry.

I place my hands out, screaming in pain when the metal chains finally touches my skin. The smell of burning fills the air, as my skin grows hot underneath the chain.

Tears are streaming down my face and I'm unable to stop them. Once he attaches my wrists and my ankles, I'm basically immobile, unable to move without causing myself more pain.

I feel my wolf trying to communicate with their wolves, she's submitted already, begging for their forgiveness, asking for a second chance, promising that she'll never leave, never disrespect them.

But what sort of life is that, no freedom, always inferior and subservient to them, always expected to obey. They believe the Beta has more power than me.

"If you submit, they'll let us go" Emma says but she sounds disappointed already knowing what my answer will be.

"No, I don't what that sort of life, I'd rather die than be forced to submit"

Emma doesn't respond but at the back of my mind I can hear her begging their wolves to have these chains taken off.
The head officer walks back in again, this time holding a chain for around my neck.

The world stops for a minute, they wouldn't place that on me, pure fear washes over me, the other chain scars would heal eventually but for some she-wolves scars around their neck caused by a neck cuff could be permanent if they were too weak.

"Please no" I whimper trying to move away but it only brings more unwanted pain to my body. He doesn't say anything as he attaches the neck cuff and all I can think is, what had I truly done to deserve this?