Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"I don't feel safe with him in our pack" Jake states as he paces the bedroom floor, slowly wearing a hole in the carpet.

"I don't understand why he has to be so close to Cassidy" Connor mutters rubbing his forehead

"There at opposite ends of the house, they couldn't be closer if you tried" I argue back looking at both of them. They were both being unreasonable and I wasn't sure if it was because Kyle had been on their death list or because he was now mated to their sister.

"He could be in the cells" Jake mutters lowly but I happen to catch it

"He could also be sleeping next to Cassidy" I snap, getting tired of their comments.

Jake growls looking at me fiercely, but I flick my eyes away ignoring him completely, a few months ago that look would've scared me but now I knew that it was meaningless. He wouldn't hurt me.

"There not mated yet" Connor declares trying to argue with me.

"Neither was I when I first came here, but from what remember you both couldn't bear to be away from me.

Silence is met with my statement and I stifle a grin, there wasn't much that they could argue, Kyle and Cassidy deserved to be together, for God's sake they were mates.

"Look I'm going to bed, you guys can stay up all night trying to figure out a way to get Kyle in the cells but I'm tired. I slip into bed, the cold sheets pressing against my skin.
"Believe it or not, the house will still be standing here in the morning so will the pack so if I was smart I would get some sleep".

My mates look unconvinced.

"Go to sleep Flicker" Jake murmurs dimming the lights

I don't argue with him, I close my eyes for a brief moment when a knock on the door startles me. Peeling my eyes open, I watch as Connor enters the door for the beta. He steps into the room bowing quickly to Jake and Connor.

"We have six guards patrolling the outside of his room" The beta informs them.

"I want it doubled" Jake orders

I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Flicker" Jake warns

"What" I spit sitting up in bed. "This is getting ridiculous, he's not going to do anything while he sleeps under your roof.

"I don't trust him"

"You don't need to trust him, you need to trust me and the fact that he's Cassidy's mate".

They don't say anything at all, still unhappy with the situation.

"Maybe I should stay with Kyle in his room, just to make sure he doesn't destroy anything" I mutter sarcastically but as usual my mates take it as the truth.

"No" they scream together.

"Flicker your not seeing Kyle tonight"

"And neither are you placing 12 guards outside his room let alone one. He loves Cassidy can't any of you idiots see that. He's not going to do anything to jeopardise this relationship.

My mates look at me in shock but I haven't finished yet.

"Thank you for the information beta but I don't want any wolves guarding my friends room." I stress the word friend just to spite my mates

"Yes Luna"

Connor looks like he's going to open his mouth but I cast him a fierce stare and he backs down immediately. The door closes and I place my full attention on my mates.