Chapter 21

Author's Note

Sorry for the wait. I hope you like this chapter.

Speech_error

Chapter 21

I had read the same page twice before I decided to give up, it was a beautiful sunny day and yet I was forced to stay inside. The two Alpha's wanted me to rest and recover which consisted of laying on the couch all day reading whatever was available.

To me it felt like I was on house arrest. It had been three weeks since I'd woken up in the pack hospital.
To everyone's surprise I had recovered quite quickly, my bones were no longer protruding and my wounds were no longer visible which I thought wouldn't happen until we fully mated.

Sighing, I get up from the couch, what was more frustrating than being on house arrest was the constant presence of guards, whenever the two Alpha's had to leave there were at least ten guards by my side monitoring my every movement.

From my place in the lounge I could already see five of them stationed around the house. Walking into the kitchen to make myself a smoothie, it brings a smile to my face knowing that the Alpha's would be furious if they learned I was off the couch.

I finish making the smoothie when one of the guard approaches me

"Are you okay Luna. You really shouldn't be off the couch"

I stifle my sigh as I look him in the eye

"Yes I'm fine, please don't worry about me"

He stares at me for a second longer before he returns back to his post.

The two Alpha's were currently at their office, they had spent most of their time last week with me and now were behind with paperwork and issues concerning the pack. Despite the guards stationed around the house the Alpha's still rang every hour to check that I was okay.

During these past few weeks I was quite surprised at how their whole demeanour had changed, instead of being dominant and authoritative they had become loving and considerate, listening to my opinion and both acting like the perfect gentleman.

However they were still quite possessive and slightly controlling but I wasn't terrified of them anymore, my heart didn't skip a beat when they walked into the room. But my biggest fear was that this side of them would disappear once their wolves returned.

Despite the constant attention from the Alpha's I still sometimes felt so alone without Emma. I missed chatting to her and transforming into my wolf form.

I gaze out the window thinking back to last week, Cassidy had persuaded her two brothers to let me meet the pack members. I was beyond excited despite the conditions the two Alpha's had set.

Number one , As soon as I became tired we'd need to leave, and

Number Two, I'd need to stay with either them or Cassidy throughout the visit.

Despite knowing that they were the largest and strongest pack in America I was still quite shocked at the number of people the pack contained.

Cassidy immediately dragged me off to meet the other females in the pack and it surprised me how quickly they welcomed me into their little circle.

However my biggest shock was observing the two Alpha's. From my spot with the girls I watched as the Alpha's interacted with their members of the pack. Jake was having a deep discussion with one of the pack elders whilst Connor was running around and giggling with the little ones.

Whilst watching them I finally understood why they were the strongest pack in America, it wasn't because of the twins dominating and terrifying presence but instead because they both respected and listened to their pack members regardless of their age and role.