Chapter 12

Author's note
I apologise, this is a small chapter, but I thought it would be better to update with what I have than with nothing at all.
Thanks so much for reading and the votes and comments, they really make my day.
Speech_error

Flicker's POV
Another three painful weeks have passed without word from from the Alpha's. It seems they were content to keep me locked up here until I submit or die even.

Sighing I gaze outside the cell into the looming darkness, no guards were stationed there since they hadn't deemed me a threat to the pack; however it would've been nice to know that I wasn't completely alone, that someone else still knew that I existed.

"How are you feeling" I ask Emma, the only person who still knows that I'm alive.

I wait for her response but it's silent in my head.  I can still feel her faint presence but everyday she's been growing weaker.

I take a deep breath trying to calm my worried and erratic heart, she hadn't been responding all week and I'm becoming increasingly worried, I can't lose her, I'd rather submit to the dominating Alpha's than lose my best friend.

I wonder what they're thinking? Do they know that my wolf is dying or do they just think that it's an act of defiance that she's not responding to their calls?

Every morning I hear the angry calls from their wolves, demanding me to submit, demanding Flicker to respond.

Can't they feel her pain, don't they know how weak she is?

"Unless we've completed the mating bond, they can't feel my pain. They assume that I'm blocking them out." Emma whispers
"Emma" I rasp, happy to hear her voice it meant that she was okay.

"Well they're obviously stupid if they think you're blocking them".

She attempts to growl at the word "stupid" but she doesn't have the energy.

It was partially my fault that she was in this condition, I only had to say two words "I submit" but those two words meant so much to me, I would always be inferior to my mates, never have the freedom to go places, I would always need to heed their command and most importantly I would never be their equal.
Being equal was something both Emma and I wanted, however she loves the Alpha's too much that she would be okay with giving it up.

"Flicker" she whispers and it's so faint that I have to concentrate to hear her,

"You need to submit, please for me, I can't survive much longer"

My heart stops beating, my body frozen in fear, those were the words I'd dreaded, "can't survive", it circles around in my mind, like an annoying song on repeat.
I can still feel Flicker but her presence is growing fainter, if I don't do anything soon, she will die.

Taking a deep breath I close my eyes,  I've realised something from being down here for the past five weeks is that in order to survive with my two Alpha's mate, I would need to become a subservient she-wolf, this meant that I couldn't voice my opinion or contradict what they commanded, I wouldn't have any freedom, but I would do it for Emma, to keep her alive. 

This is all for you Emma I murmur as I open my mouth and shout,

"Guards, guards" I call, my voice is raspy but by the sound of their footsteps walking down the hallway I know that they've heard me.

The head guard who locked me up and another guard arrive immediately bowing in front of my cell. I found it surprising that they still granted me such respect when I was locked up like a traitor to the Pack.

"Yes Luna" the head guard says, looking at me with such sadness.

"Please tell the Alpha's that I submit"

He looks at me in disbelief which quickly changes to joy, he whispers something to the guard next to him who quickly runs in the direction of the exit, eager to alert the Alpha's that I am now there's to control.

"As soon as they give their permission, I'll take the chains off you and take to the pack doctor."

I nod, agreeing.

The other guard swiftly arrives back but by the dismal look on his face, I know something has gone terribly wrong.

"They won't unchain you, until your wolf starts communicating with theirs, they believe it's a sign of defiance"

My breathing increases, didn't they know that Emma was dying, that she's too weak to submit.

"Tell them that my wolf is dying, please tell them that she's unable to communicate"

The guard bows his head mournfully, "I'm sorry Luna, they ordered me to not return. They didn't want to hear of your excuses"

As soon as their footsteps disappear down the hall, I burst into tears

"I'm so sorry Emma, so sorry that I've gotten us into this awful situation. I promise that if we do get out, I'll obey them completely, be the perfect submissive mate that they want. I promise you I won't ever put us in this situation again."

She doesn't respond and I don't expect her to, she needs to save all her energy for staying alive.

I rest my head against the stone wall, closing my eyes I hope for the hundredth time since I arrived here that this is all just a horrible nightmare.