Chapter 22

Author's note

Sorry for the long wait again...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the votes, comments and support. You guys are seriously the best

Hope you enjoy

Speech_error

Chapter 22

As I step through the door I notice how the Alpha's had kept the building very business-like, the walls were stark white with nothing adorning them. 

The building consisted of a long narrow hallway with rooms veering off the side. I walk along following the scent of the Alpha's until I arrive at an open door.

Peering inside I find the two Alpha's sitting at a wooden desk, I was shocked at the mountains of paperwork that surrounded them. Most people forgot the amount of officework that's required when someone takes on the Alpha position.

They hadn't looked up yet and I continue watching them, for the top pack in America they were both very unobservant.

Using this moment I study the two Alphas. When I first came here I had ignored their strikingly handsome features, I was determined to not become attracted, to leave as soon as possible but the Alpha's had changed and over the past few months, and I had been forced to change as well.

I now wanted to run my hands through Connor's hazelnut hair which had grown since I first saw him. Jake, however was another story, despite his scary and almost frightening demeanour I knew that he loved me and I knew that over time I would feel completely safe in his presence.

My eyes are still on Jake when he looks up catching my gaze.

"Flicker, what are you doing here" he asks clearly surprised

At Jake's announcement Connor glances up from his paperwork, a smile appearing on his face when he see's me.

"I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't realise that you have so much paperwork" I exclaim looking at the stacks of paper.

"Flicker we always have time for you" Jake assures, "You must be exhausted please take a seat."

"That's what I came here to discuss" I ignore his request to sit down, standing gave me temporary power and if I sat the Alpha's would automatically assume I was tired.

"I'm not the tired and weak she-wolf that I was a few weeks ago. I've recovered, I'm much stronger now.

"We know Flicker" Jake assures as he gets out of his chair and instead sits on the edge of the desk. Connor quickly joins him.

Damn I think, I wanted them to stay seated, having them so close to me put my nerves on edge, especially when there was a good chance that the Alpha's were going to disagree with what I had to say.

"Look I was hoping to discuss the number of guards that I have looking after me, I really don't need so many.

"Flicker they're for your safety, after the incident last week, we vowed that if we weren't there, then someone would always be there to protect you.

"I understand that but I can look after myself"

Jake laughs at me as he hops off the desk, he steps forward so that he now towers over me. Instead of turning away or stepping back I look up glaring at him.

Jake seems unfazed as he continues talking,

"Flicker we know that you're a strong she-wolf, but we're the strongest pack in America. We have too many enemies that would love to harm you, just to see the pack fall. I'm sorry but to us you're a weakness"