Chapter 32

Author's Note

This is a long one so I hope you guys are enjoying it.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Speech_error

Chapter 32

"I love this one" Cassidy exclaims as she tilts the laptop towards me.

The screen displays a shimmering floor length black evening gown that would be perfect for a night out. My eyes flick to the price and my hopes of buying it diminishes immediately.

"It's out of my price range Cass" I say sorrowfully as I show her the price.

"Flicker you keep forgetting that your mated to the Alpha's of the largest pack in America, they're swimming with gold". She adds it to the basket.

"I feel guilty though" The amount flashes through my mind followed by a small wave of nausea. It's too much money for one dress.

"My brothers want to spoil you Flicker. Let them" She says trying to persuade me.

"I'll think about it", is all I mutter

"We should actually go shopping in the city. I hate buying online, it always takes ages to arrive and half of it never fits me right"

"That's not a bad idea" I agreed, scrolling through more clothes, it would actually be nice to try the clothes on. "There's just one problem, asking my mates"

I cast a sideward glance at Cassidy, it would be highly unlikely that the Alpha's would allow us to go. They were still stressed about finding the mole in the pack.

I couldn't wait for the time when we had no problems or neighbouring threats, and going to the city was just as simple as hopping in the car and travelling there.

"We could try asking" Cassidy asks, her whole face brimming with hope.

I shake my head, watching as her hope slowly disappears. "I don't want to start an argument with them, when I already know what there response is. Maybe when they find their betrayer and not stretched thin with paperwork, we could ask"

"Maybe" she says, her voice dubious. She doesn't make eye contact with me instead concentrating on laptop like it will somehow answer her prayers.

We continue like this for the next few minutes, I keep sneaking glances at Cassidy. I don't know why this was such a big deal. Had she not been out of the pack for that long.

"Flicker can I tell you something" Cassidy says fiddling with the edge of the sheets, she's still not looking at me.

"Sure, you can tell me anything" I tell her honestly

"Actually, don't worry it was probably a bad idea anyway". She stares down at the blanket refusing to meet my gaze

"Cassidy" I state. "You can trust me, I won't tell the Alpha's if that's what your worried about"

"But there your mates" She tells me. "Don't you share everything"

"And your my friend, this is your secret not mine"

She finally looks up at me, her eyes hooded in worry but also fear. What had happened in the space of five minutes, what the hell had she been thinking.

"I found my mate Flicker"

"Cassidy that's great" I squeal enveloping her in a hug, but she doesn't hug me back.

"What's wrong, this is great news, why are you so worried" I ask, she looks at me, worry still clearly etched on her face that she'd soon start forming wrinkles.