Chapter 29

Author's Note

Okay, just a massive apology about the huge wait

Life has just become so crazy that I've been finding it difficult to write

I hope you like this chapter, warning I've left it at another cliff hanger, sorry

Speech_error (I've also changed my name as well)

Chapter 29

The twins are still slobbering over my attacker as I slowly take steps back, careful not to disturb them. Betrayal hits me hard, as I finally make my way out the door. It feels like I've been forced to  swallow wolfs bane, the poison seeping through my bloodstream destroying anything alive in my body until I'm left for dead.

I know I betrayed them, I kissed Kyle and I'll been living with that mistake for the rest of my life but how could they do this to me. They were so utterly upset when they found out, didn't they think for one minute that I would feel the same way. Maybe it was revenge or perhaps they were always going to cheat on me, I'm not sure anymore.

I silently walk away from the office travelling deeper into the forest, I'd reach the pack boundary soon if a guard didn't stop me.

Goose-bumps begin to appear on my skin as the wind sweeps through the forest, picking and distributing dust and debris in its wake. I clutch the jacket tighter around me, I wasn't going to turn back, if I had the choice I would never return.

Regardless of what they said, there was always going to be two sets of rules, one for me and one for them. They were never going to think of me as equal.

I wasn't going to continue living like this, if they wanted to cheat on me, they can do it after they reject me.

"Rejection no" Emma cries

"It would be better than this. There's no point in staying here anymore"

"Don't, wait there must be an explanation" She says trying to stay calm

"Explanation" I huff, "I'd like to see what excuse they come up with"

"Their wolves aren't responding to me" she says panicking

"Maybe because they're distracted with someone"

I shut Emma off, not wanting to listen to any more of her excuses. With the Alpha's distracted I might actually have a chance of escaping.

Connor's POV Half hour earlier

"How could Flicker do this to us" Jake exclaims as he continues to study the map. "The first time she betrayed us, it felt like she had purposely placed a dagger in our back. She left us the night to heal and now she's ripping out our stitches letting us bleed to death"

I wanted to agree with him, we had every right to be upset, Flicker had betrayed us for a second time but we had placed her in a difficult position. If she had informed us about Kyle's escape plan, there's a good chance we would've just killed him right there and then.

"Who's our top suspects" I ask Jake, ignoring his question and hoping to change the subject all together. He hands me a sheet of paper, the list reveals the names of our most loyal pack members. Looking at the them makes me sick knowing that we'll have to go interrogate each one of them.

"Are you sure there isn't any other suspect that the commander hasn't thought of?"

"No, he's absolutely certain that the betrayer is on this list"

I stare back at the page, it seems impossible that any of these people could betray us.

"Who's protecting the pack borders" I question