Chapter Seven

With direction, advice, ideas, and editing by @Clairebear1994x

Chapter 7

==================

The next day, as Carol and James were preparing to dig into the delicious pecan pancakes that James had prepared for his mom, the phone rang. Carol picked it up to find Rebecca on the other end.

"Hi, Miss Carol. Just the person I wanted to talk to."

The two talked for a few moments before Carol ended the call and walked back into the kitchen, where James was plating the last of the pancakes from the griddle. She proceeded to explain to him the plans for the day, that had just been made without his input.

Two hours later, after quite a bit of protesting from James, he and his mom were both walking across the park towards the Walker house.

"Jessica, what did you say Becca's mom's name is?"

"Taia, why?"

"That's a pretty unique name. She's not by any chance a waitress is she?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Down at the diner near Velheim?"

"Yeah, but she's looking for something that pays better."

"This may be hard to believe, but I know her. I've been going in there for lunch two or three days a week for quite a while and she always takes care of me. She's the one I go out with occasionally on Saturday nights. I knew she had a daughter named Rebecca but I never put two and two together. I didn't know that was your Becca's mom."

"Well, it has been quite a while since you last went out on a Saturday night."

"Yeah, I suppose," Carol replied as the walked through the gate to the Walker's backyard.

The centerpiece of the yard was a beautiful, crystal clear, in-ground pool, with reflections of sparkling sunlight gleaming off its surface.

James and Rebecca were both in their new bikinis.

Carol took a seat on the edge of a lounger, and told her nervous, shy and very embarrassed son that he needed something on his skin to protect him from getting sunburned.

She then reached into her bag and handed Rebecca a tube of creme for her to help James apply.

Rebecca squirted a bit of the creme in her hand, then had James hold his hair up so she could put the creme on his neck and shoulders. She continued with his back and belly before squirting more creme in James' hand so he could do his own legs and arms.

Carol spent a little time by the side of the pool making small talk with Rebecca and James before heading inside to visit with Rebecca's mom, Taia. Carol didn't want to stay by the pool long anyways, as she was sure Becca wanted to talk to her friend alone.

It had been a little more than she had wanted to deal with just to get him out of the house in his new bikini. Now that it was done, she intended for him to have at least the beginning of an unmistakable bikini tan line, long before they headed home. So, as she walked into the house, she cooked up with an idea that would have them at the Walker house for the entire day.

Carol and Taia watched the girls through the sliding glass door while Rebecca tried to convince James that no one was going to see him and that he should just loosen up and have fun. She eventually talked him into getting in the pool and they began to engage in a little horseplay. It pleased Carol to no end to see her child forming a real bond with another girl.

Taia did appear to Carol, to be completely unaware that the person her daughter was spending all her time with, was a boy. Rebecca had told Carol that Taia didn't know or suspect anything and Carol had found it hard to believe  James was that good at acting like a girl. It was now apparent to Carol that Taia really didn't know.