Chapter Fourteen

Reborn: The Boy Who Discovered He Wasn't

by SabrynaBrooklynne

Chapter 14

===================

In the days following the fashion show, Carol worked on finding a factory to mass produce her designs and on the sixth day she finally found the right one.

The only problem was that she didn't yet have the orders she needed. She was still in negotiations with the buyers and still not budging on the use of her models.

She had one buyer that had offered a percentage contract and would use the girls, but only for sales flyers and not magazines, billboards, or TV.

Sitting at the computer checking e-mails while sipping a piping-hot cup of her morning joe, Carol wondered if she had made a mistake. Maybe, she thought, requiring the use of Jessica and Rebecca is something I'll have to give up on.

She never imagined they would see Jessica and Rebecca's lack of experience as such an issue.

As Carol sat there trying to figure out what to do, the phone rang. It was Taia calling.

"What's up, babydoll?"

"Carol! You aren't going to believe what I saw this morning. You at home?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"I'll tell you when I get there. I'm on my way over." 

"Taia, wait---!" *click* Taia hung up the phone.

Carol wondered what Taia had seen that was so exciting. Well, whatever it was, she was about to find out.

Less than two minutes later, the doorbell rang.

Carol answered the door and Taia excitedly rushed in, almost running Carol over in the process.

"Taia? What is going on? How did you get here so fa---"

"I ran."

"Well? You come running in here like you just won the man lottery, but that can't be it. What rich guy would wanna have to put up with you the rest of his life? Or any guy for that matter. So, if you didn't get a marriage proposal, what's going on?"

Out of breath, Taia began to explain, speaking too fast to make complete sense, "Wellearlierdismorning, Iwentagrocerystore pick upstuffmakebreakfastandandand
standingindacheckout, new-Justineeee---"

Carol interrupted her, "TAIA!"

"What?"

"Slow down. You're not making sense. Take a deep breath and relax. Now . . . Let's try again, you went to the grocery store to get something to fix for breakfast. When you got to the checkout you saw someone named Justine and she had a new . . . what? What did this Justine have?"

Taia exhaled, trying to calm down as she spoke,"Okay . . . yes . . . and no. When I got to the . . . check out I saw that the," Taia paused to take another deep breath then continued, "the new issue of Justine Magazine was out so I picked up a copy. I knew you had a writer and photographer from the magazine at the show, so I got it just in the off chance that they might have mentioned you. Well . . . guess what?"

"No! They didn't," Carol answered in disbelief at what she was sure Taia was about to say. "Are you serious?"  She began to get excited, "Show me!"

"Actually they did more than just mention you. You got a three-page write-up with photographs from the show!"

"No way. That's great news! And quick too."

"I know, look," and with that Taia shoved the open magazine in Carol's face.