Chapter Seventeen

Reborn: The Boy Who Discovered He Wasn't

by SabrynaBrooklynne

Chapter 17

======================

This chapter is dedicated to @JustMeDoingMe98. A new writer with a lot of untapped talent. Check out her stories and watch her grow.

======================

The following morning Carol awoke early and prepared for her meeting with Mr. Williams. As much as she was ready to get her own business off the ground, she was still intrigued by what he might have up his sleeve.

She showered and put on her nicest outfit, which happened to be something new she had designed herself, the same outfit she had worn to her fashion show. After styling her hair in an up-swept do and applying a light coating of makeup, she put on her favorite pair of 3-inch black velvet Loboutains and headed to James's room.

Lying there asleep, in a silk tank top and matching boxers with the covers long since tossed to one side and hanging half off the bed, James, with his hair a tousled mess looked even still like a radiant angelic young girl, sent down from above. Carol stood there for a few moments admiring her beautiful child before finally bending over to give him a kiss on the cheek.

Carol's lips, brushing against James's cheek, caused him to awaken. He sat up in the bed as his mom stood back upright. "On your way to see Mr. Williams?"

"I am, sweetie."

"Good luck, Mom. "

"Thanks. I'll call you when I'm done and we'll go get some lunch somewhere."

"Okay mom, I will."

"Love you."

"I love you too, mom,"  James reached up and adjusted one of his bra straps as he replied.

Carol turned to leave the room, but realizing what James had just done, she paused and turned back towards the bed.

"Are you wearing a bra to bed every night?"

"Yeah, mom."

"Why?"

"Aren't I suppose to?"

"No, sweetie, girls don't usually wear bras to bed. You'd be more comfortable if you didn't."

"Oh, oops." His cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

"It's okay. No need to feel embarrassed. You didn't know. Not you. I'll see you at lunchtime. Be ready to go when I get back, okay?"

Carol turned to leave the room.

"Mom," James called after her as she headed out the door.

She turned back around, "Yes, dear?"

"Can we go somewhere quiet for lunch. Somewhere we can sit and talk?"

"Sure, absolutely honey. I'll call you."

=====

As Carol drove to Velheim she thought about the fall line of clothes the company was getting ready to show. Basically, they had done little more than lower the hemlines on last year's "super short" spring collection and swapped the pastel fabrics for more muted colors.

Carol knew it wasn't wise to try to upstage a trusted design company, but she also knew her designs were fresh and her girls could sell them by the truckload. They weren't cheap and that was what Velheim was more interested in than her talented upscale works. She had worked there far too long, cranking out their budget designs and wasting away her talent.