Chapter Twenty-six

Reborn: The Boy Who Discovered He Wasn't

by SabrynaBrooklynne

Chapter 26

==================

James exited Dr. Camibal's office and returned to the waiting room. He was thinking about what Dr. Camibal had said and how it was exactly what he was expecting with these visits. More than anything, he wanted to sort out everything going on in his head and to know once and for all what he should do.

The fact that Dr. Camibal said it would be him that made the ultimate decision was quite a scary idea. He had hoped that the doctor, through these sessions, would be able to figure it all out and give him the answer to the question.

Stepping through the door that led into the waiting room, James glanced over at the receptionist's desk to find the receptionist was once again watching him as he entered the room.

"Jessica," The leggy receptionist called out.

James walked over to her desk.

She motioned towards an overstuffed chair that was positioned on the side of the desk.

"Have a seat."

The chair, James noted, was just like the one Dr. Camibal was sitting on in the other room.

James took a seat on the edge of the chair with his back straight, knees and feet together and folded his hands in his lap. He looked at the receptionist and couldn't help but notice how perfectly flawless her makeup was.

James also noticed the fruity tropical scent of the receptionist's perfume and feared that at any moment 'it' would be back.

The receptionist began to speak, "So Dr. Yasmin sent you out so she could talk to your mom for a bit?"

"Yeah, she's gonna call me back in when they're done."

"Don't worry about it, Jessica. It's normal procedure when any minor comes in for her first session. They shouldn't be too long. I'm Piper, by the way," the receptionist introduced herself, as she extended her hand.

James returned the handshake and Piper continued, "Oh, I saw that you put down Jamison Timothy as your first and middle names. While Jamison is a suuuuper sexy boy's name, you don't much look like a Jamison . . . or a James or Timothy or Tim or Timmy, or anything else male at all. If you wanted to you could have put down Jessica. You want me to change it for you?"

James pondered her words, you don't look like...anything male at all, and for a moment he let that sink in before responding,  "S-sure I guess so."

As soon as James answered, Piper smiled and began to change the name in her computer.  James watched how Piper's perfectly manicured fingers glided gracefully across the keys with light reflecting off the shiny polish and her nails making a delicate clicking sound with each key press. 

James suddenly realized he was beginning to feel that tingling warmth over his body again which caused his heart to race, just like before. Within seconds, just as he feared, there it was. His suddenly reoccurring 'problem' was back.

Why, Why, Why, James questioned himself, Why did this have to keep happening? It's never happened before, so why now? Why, every time I get near Piper?

He didn't at all understand why it was happening every time he was near this girl. It never happened around Rebecca and she was the most beautiful girl in the whole school.

Afraid Piper might be able to see a little tent in his dress, James positioned his hands in his lap to cover the area. He knew there probably wasn't with his small size and the tights he had on, but he was too afraid to look down, afraid it would draw Piper's attention to it.