8

Aria's POV
"Thanks for meeting me, Spence" I say, sipping my coffee.
She looked tired but in pretty good health.
"Cut to the chase, Aria. Where have you been? Why haven't you called? We were worried A.D took you"
Oh my god. Ezra didn't tell them.
"So you haven't spoken to Ezra at all these last couple weeks?" I asked her and she shook her head.
"He's been kind of down lately. I saw him in town" She says. "I don't blame him. His fiancé left without telling anyone"
"I did tell him, Spencer and I had a pretty good reason for leaving" I shot back.
"Oh yeah, what is it then?" She asked me
"Well first off, I thought I'd disappear and not tell anyone so my "fiancé" can have a taste of his own medicine" I tell her.
"What do you mean?" She questions.
"He told me he'd be home. The day you were shot. I made him dinner and I waited. I called the airport to make sure he had gotten off the plane. He didn't text or call me once. Oh but here I see him in Columbia when he was supposed to be in the air, hugging and kissing Nicole. He hardly fricken knows her. They went out for like what six months?" I was angry, but I was getting upset with the wrong person.
"I don't know how long they dated, Aria. The point is everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes you have to let them go and move on" Spencer assures me.
"Mistakes cost people marriages and it seems that's exactly what happened here" I say.
I get out of my seat, throw some dollar bills on the table to pay for the coffee and walk out.