14

Ezra's POV
I pulled up to Aria's apartment and got out of my car. I retrieved the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. Once I was inside, I started planning. I lit the candles, I dimmed the lights, I prepared my speech. I was going to do this right. I was going to do this again. I wore my best suit, the one Aria always used to like. I was hoping she wouldn't be too mad, knowing I had snuck into her apartment but I was taking my chances. I heard scrambling at the door and I ran my hand down the front of my shirt, trying to get out all the wrinkles. The knob turned and she entered. She was wearing the slim black dress that I always liked. I was happy she still had it. She didn't notice me at first. She put her bag onto the floor and started fixing her hair.
"Ar" I started and she screamed.
She flipped on the lights switch and held out her keychain, spraying something into my face.
"AHHH" I called out as it burnt my eyes.
"Ezra?" She questioned running over to me.
"How did you get in here?"
I was laying on the floor, holding both hands over my face but was still able to say something. "Surprise"
Minutes later, I had a wet cloth on my eyes.
"It says online that you need to hold that there for a little while" She told me, scrolling through the Internet.
"well it looks like I'm gonna be here, awhile. I can't drive back home in this condition" I say, sarcastically trying to get her to laugh.
"I'll drive you" She says, grabbing my car keys off the floor that I must have dropped.
"No, Ar. I came here to talk to you" I state and she rolls her eyes.
"What if I don't want to talk?"
"Spencer told me you came to see her" I said
"Yeah I came to see her. Not you" She pointed at me, her face full of rage.
"I doubt that" I say, scrambling into my pocket and pulling out a small bracelet.
Her eyes immediately went to her wrist where the bracelet wasn't.
"I must have left it before I came here" She didn't give me full eye contact.
"Sure. That's why I found it next to the new picture frame and it wasn't there when I left" I told her and she fiddled with her fingers.
"So what? What if I did come see you?"
"Then you wanted to talk?" I asked and she shook her head.
"Not anymore" She cold-heartily comments.
Her face was ice cold.
"Why not?" I asked, leaning in to touch her arm.
"You know what? I'm just gonna drive you home now" She gets off the couch. "Come on Ezra"
She motions me to follow her but I don't move.
"There's no way to avoid this conversation. We'd have to be in a car for two hours anyway" I told her and she seemed annoyed.
"Why'd you come here?" She asked me, sitting back down on the couch. "If I wanted to see you, I would have called"
"I know, Aria. But I know you and your not the type to call first" I said.
"So your saying I'm not independent? Your saying I won't do anything for myself?" She suddenly gets mad.
"No. No. That's not what I'm saying" I say, shaking my head.
"Then what are you saying?" She put her hands on her hips.
"I don't know why you keep denying that we're supposed to spend the rest of our life's together" I tell her and she laughs.
"I'm not denying it, Ezra. I know it's true. I just don't know if I want it to be" Her words crush my heart.
"You don't think we're meant to be?" I ask her and she shakes her head.
"I'm really not sure, but as of right now, no" She says
"I planned an amazing night tonight. I set up candles, I wore the suit. I was going to order Chinese food and we could talk" I tell her and she laughs again sarcastically.
She's been doing that a lot lately.
"Well now you know what it feels like to be stood up" She whips around, her hair bouncing as she walks.
She opens the door to her bedroom and walks inside, leaving me outside. Locked out once again.