15

Aria's POV
I paced around my room. What nerve did Ezra have just barging in here and pulling that crap? Using "The we're supposed to be together forever" card to fix his dumb mistakes. Please.
I picked up the lamp and crashed in onto the floor, shards of glass flying everywhere. Hopefully Ezra didn't come running in. I didn't need him. I didn't need anybody.
I jumped into bed, pulling the covers over my body. I tried to sleep. I told me myself everything was okay. I told myself I was making the right decision, but something in the back of my mind was telling me I was making the wrong one.

How could you just give up on something you've put so much effort in?
How could you give up knowing you had to fight to be together for so long?
How could you give up knowing you love him?

But did he love me? That was the major question. He's told me numerous times that he loves me, but did he really mean it.

Was I his second choice?
I gave him all the love I could give, but was it enough?
Did he want more?
Would Nicole give him more?

"Ughhh" I screamed, smashing my face into the pillow.
There was too many thoughts running through my head. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until I made a decision. I considered playing the "he loves me. He loves her" thing with the flowers but that didn't seem like a safe bet. I wasn't ever the one with good luck. I was angry but something else was bubbling inside of me. It was guilt. I was blaming this all on him. He made a mistake. I've made mistakes. Lots of times and he's forgiven me. But that was Ezra. He was the forgiving type. The loving, caring type. Was I that? Was I loving and caring? Or was I just the jerk who wouldn't forgive her fiancé for a simple mistake? A mistake that he tells me over and over that he regrets.
I decide to go check on Ezra. Maybe he left. Maybe I'd have more time to think about this. I was hoping he hadn't chosen to leave but sure enough when I reached the main room, he was no where to be found. I pulled the curtains back to find his car still in front of the apartment. Oddly, I hadn't noticed it when I was first coming in but I noticed it now. I pulled on my jacket, crossing my arms over my chest. The nighttime wind sending a chill down my spine. I stepped down the stairs and onto the sidewalk. I reached his car to find him curled up on the back seat. My heart melted into a puddle. The one person I was supposed to love the most, I had rejected. I had pushed him away. I hadn't let him in. I checked the car door and it was locked. I was sure I had a key to it somewhere so I ran back inside. When I returned, I quietly unlocked the car, draped a blanket across his body and went back inside.