21

Ezra's POV
I pulled out my phone and read the text from Aria. She said she needed me. I set down my phone on the bedside table. She said she needed me. Those three words should mean nothing. Nothing more than just three simple words. But to me, they meant everything. They meant that she needed me. They meant that she wanted me. My phone buzzed again on the table and I picked it up. I got another text from Aria. We need you. I set the phone down again. What did that mean? We need you? Who was the we? I took a breathe. A thought was running through my mind, but I shook it off. No. That couldn't be true. She would have told me by now. Or would she? I tried to remember what she had said when she's left me a message that night. She said she had something special planned for me. She said she was excited to see me. Oh my god. Could that really be true?
I dialed her number and she answered after the first ring.
"Aria" I say.
"Ezra"
"I got your text" I tell her.
"Where are you?" She questions.
"California"
"What are you doing all the way in California?" She asks me.
"Starting over. Getting out of your way. Like you'd asked me to"
"No, Ezra. I want you. I want you here with me. I forgive you. Please come home" She tells me and a boulder just gets lifted off my shoulders.
"I can't come home"
"But I love you. I want to marry you. I want to be with you" She says and I sigh.
"I kind of bought a house" I twiddle with my fingers.
"Ezra Fitzgerald, you did what!?" She tries to sound serious.
"I bought a house. Well I put a down payment on it" I say
"Why would you do that?" She asks
"I was doing what you asked. I was starting over. Like I said before"
"I screwed up. I screwed up big time" She tells me "I love you"
"I love you too" I say and I could tell she was smiling.
"We'll make this work. I promise" She assures me. "I'll move there if I have to. I want you. I don't ever want to let you go"
I smile.
"You just got a new job. I want you here with me, I do. But you can't just quit now. You won't have a job here" I tell her and she sighs.
"I want to see you. I want to jump into your arms" She says
"I know. I want to see you more than anything" I start to tear up. Nothing was ever easy for us.
"I have a question" I say
"Okay"
"You said in your text that you needed me and then you sent another text" My mind floats right to what I thought a few short minutes ago.
"The one that said we need you?" She questions
"Yeah"
"It's true, Ezra. We need you" She says
"That's what I was going to tell you the night you didn't come home. I'm pregnant"
I stay silent for a minute. She was pregnant. Just like I thought.
"Your pregnant?" I ask
"Surprise"