Chapter Three

"From across the ruined earth they came, seeking shelter from the storm." (Grimoire: The City)

Me and Alex took a trip to the Tower after we got some clothes and a decent shower to have a look around. The place was full of advanced guardians and of different classes. It was almost intimidating especially without my armor or my weapons. Anyone could come across and just manhandle me but of course that was my fear talking. "So...Where exactly are we going. Let alone what are we doing here other than looking around?" I asked. Alex was floating next to me and was basically directing me on which way I was supposed to be going. "We are going to see the Vanguard first and then we can go explore and meet other people. You are going to see the Warlock Vanguard Ikora." He said to me. I followed as he floated about the Tower and down a set of stairs. "Why the Warlock? What are the other Vanguards and all the other classes....if there are any..." I asked.
"There are three classes. Titan, Warlock, and Hunter. From what I've seen recently, you have displayed the abilities of a Warlock.So you'll be seeing Ikora first." Alex said as we walked into a room with a big table in the center with three different people standing around it. One of them was a robot or an Exo in the sense. It had a hood on signifying that he was a Hunter. There was a blue person at the far end of the table with the marking of a Titan. That and he looked really strong. Then there was a woman standing on the front right end of the table. She was black and seemed immensely strong. I could feel the energy from her radiating and I knew that the moment she looked at me she could feel my power as well. "Guardian," she said as she turned my way. "I can feel a very strong light that seems to have been formed into something great. something powerful. You must be a newcomer correct?"
"U-umm...yes I am. My name is Parrish. I was most recently brought back to life...after dying. Are you who I'm supposed to be talking to?" I asked. She smile and took me over to the table. "Everyone, our newest Guardian." She said. Every looked up at me and it felt like I was put on the spot. "Ummm....high everyone." I said nervously. "Ah. Another Guardian I see. Welcome to the Tower. Im the hunter Vanguard, Cayde-6. And if you're wondering, which you probably are, I'm an Exo." He said. It was a more specific way of saying robot but of course I didn't mind it. It sounded cooler anyways. "I am Zavala. The Titan Vanguard. Nice to meet you Guardian." The man said. He never explained how he was blue or what he was if he was an entirely different being. "Nice to meet you sir." I say respectfully. I turn back to Ikora and smile a bit. "Now then...about me being a Warlock?" I said reminding her about why I was here. Alex began to fill her in on everything that has transpired so far throughout my time of resurrection and all she could do was smile.
          "So Parrish. What is your next move?" Ikora asked me. "Well my ship is missing a piece that I need in order to start going places. What piece do I need?" I asked. Zavala looked over and spoke. "You must be missing an NSL Drive. It allows you to travel from planet to planet and the more we get in space the better our chances will be to fight back against the darkness." He said. Alex floated nearby. "And I think I know where to find one. We need to head back to the Cosmodrome."
          "When do we leave? I'm ready for a fight." I said smiling a bit. "Hold it Guardian. Before you go anywhere you need to be ready. Come with me. I can get you some weapons." Cayde said. I nodded and he showed me to the Gunsmith. "This is where we get our high tech weapons from. Banshee. I want you to meet the new guy." Cayde said. I introduce myself but I didn't get much of a response. He just muttered. Banshee-44 wasn't you average Exo. He seemed...disturbed. "Banshee? You there?" Cayde asked. "Hmm? Oh hey Guardian. You need anything?" Banshee asked. His voice was a low tone. Like if he was a human he would be an old man. "I need some new weapons if you don't mind." I said nervously. He looked at me and it seemed like he snapped out of his trance and was aware of his surroundings. "You said you needed weapons huh. Must be new around here. I'll get you hooked up. Just let me gather what I need." He said. I nod and Cayde escorts me back to the Vanguard.
          "Alright Guardian. A warrior is nothing without his suit of armor of course so Zavala here will get you strapped up and ready to go. He's got some of the best gear I'll admit but our gear as hunters is more agile." Cayde said. I chuckled a little bit. "But of course your armor lacks integrity. Ours is a bit bulky but of course very durable." Zavala said. It seemed like a small retort to Caydes remark but before I could say anything Ikroa interrupted us. "But he is a Warlock. A balance of speed and agility along with strength and durability. Masters of the light and the void as well." She said as she handed me a huge box. It wasn't heavy but it was something pretty big to carry. "Thank you guys but I think I'll be fine with what I get. This place is really interesting and a nice place at that. I don't see why more people don't live here." I said smiling. They walked me out and I went to see the Gunsmith again. He had three boxes waiting for me. "What's all this?" I asked him. "This is what you're gonna need for the line of battle. Only the essentials of course." He said. I looked at each box and they varied in different sizes. Small medium and large. He lifted them with ease and placed them ontop of the box I already had in my hands. Of course I wasn't ready for the weight and I almost fell over.
          "Jesus Banshee. What's in these?" I asked as I struggled to lift the boxes. "Just the bare essentials." He said in response. Soon another guardian came along and took his attention away so I began my struggle back to my apartment. Once there I dropped everything in the living room and just exhaled. The relief of weight leaving my arms was satisfying enough but of course I grew hungry. "Oh boy. I haven't eaten since I've been alive. I need food." I said to myself. Alex floated around the kitchen and revealed all the goodies that were in the refrigerator and the various shelves all across the kitchen. "There's plenty here for you to eat. Let's dig in." He said. With that I made me a nice meal and sat down in front of the tv. Adds playing on almost every channel and the so called "Crucible" everywhere else. Eventually I found a soap opera and that was to be my entertainment for the evening. As I ate I un-boxed everything and saw some brand new armor and a warlock bond. It was interesting to me. "I guess this is my signal as a Warlock huh."
          Soon it was time to open up the other boxes. Weapons appeared and they seemed pretty powerful. An assault rifle with A white and blue design along with a sniper and rocket launcher. "Woah...way better than what I found before." I said to myself as I picked up each gun. "Alex. Where is that missing piece of our ship?" I asked. Alex came in the living room and floated about and projected a map on the coffee table of the Cosmodrome. "There are two possible locations for the part. There's a crashed ship nearby the location of where we saw the Archon. If that doesn't have what we need them most likely it's back where we found the ship." He said. I loaded my weapons and put them down in the corner of the room. "Let's get ready for a fight. Once tomorrow comes around we'll head back into Old Russia and take back what's ours. Or what's ours as of right now." I said. He agreed and I looked at my helmet. There was a note on the back of it.

"Welcome To The Tower." Signed by "G."

          "Any idea who this could be?" I asked Alex. He looked at the note and back at me. "No clue. Maybe someone being nice to the new recruit." He said. I sat the helmet down and looked at the note. "Yeah...maybe."