Chapter Ten

"They are heralds of our destroyer. Ushers of this coming storm." (Grimoire: Blades of Crota)

          The following morning wasn't anything special in terms of people I would meet. I saw some new Guardians in recruiting and some of the Veteran Guardians as well. They had different weapons unlike my own. Their weapons were more shiny and had many different aspects. It was surprising and pleasing to the eye. "I want something like that." I said as I walked past them and towards the Vanguard. Throughout the tower there were many different people to meet and speak with that I have yet to interact with. I planned to once I got done with everything I needed to on the Moon. I went to the Hanger where my ship was and got inside. "You're up early." Alex said as he appeared in front of me. "Yep. I'm ready to find this blade." I said as I changed from my street clothes to my armor. "I'll drive then." Alex said. The ship began to warm up and soon we were about to break Earths orbit and head towards the Moon. I tried to contact Gold but he wasn't responding. "Crap. Guess I'm on my own for this mission." I said. Me and Alex landed and I hopped out of my ship.
          "Ah Moon. How mysterious and beautiful you are. Most of the time." I said to myself. Me and Alex began our walk when suddenly the sky began to darken which was odd since the Sun wasn't in view. "Umm...I think we should move." Alex said. I looked up at the sky and saw what seemed to be a bright start but it was only getting brighter...and brighter. "Is that star gonna explode?!" I said as I started running for cover. "It's not a star at all. It's a--"
          Alex was cut off by the loud impact that the object gave when it touched base with the surface of the Moon. For a second I thought it would have cut trough the rock due to it being so hollow but it stayed on the surface; a giant crater in its wake. "Woah...what is that?" I asked as I began to walk through it. Alex appeared and scanned the giant machine. "It's a Warsat! These things have incredible information about the Warminds. This has got to have been knocked out of orbit by something or someone." Alex said. I looked around for a moment to see if any Fallen had noticed of our presence. "So what are you gonna do?" I asked. "I'm gonna gather any information I can. Just give me time." Alex said. Once he started extraction, a Fallen Skiff broke into orbit of the Moon. "Christ sake." I said as I pulled out my weapons. The Skiffs dropped off Fallen soldiers one by one and I had to take them out one by one. With each wave gone another one would take its place. "Alex how long before you get all that data." I said as I pulled out my sniper and took out a Servitor. "Just a little longer. This data is very extensive. If only you could see it all. The processors, the hardware and software, it's all--"
          "Focus Alex! I'm losing ground out here. The sooner you get this the faster we can get out of here." I said. A Vandal soon rushed me and knocked my weapons out of my hands. I punched it and drained its energy. I began to feel an extra layer of protection around me. I noticed I was outlined in a clear like color. "What's happening to me now?" I asked. Alex paused for a moment to look. "It's an overshield. You can take a few more punches." He said. "Aw sweet!" I shouted. I killed the Vandal and then hurled a Novabomb at the crowd of enemies. "And stay down!" I said triumphantly. Alex stopped transferring the data and was back inside my suit. "Let's go before more Fallen show up." He said. I pulled out my sparrow and we rode over to the entrance to the Temple of Crota. "So. We need to kill the first guard, find the sword, kill the other two, and then destroy the blade." I said. "Yep. The guard should be nearby the Temple." Alex said to me. I drove over to the last known location of the first guard of the blade. We stood around for a bit but then we heart the loud roar of the Knight that was hiding in the shadows. He stood in front of me and...spoke. "I....am the Swarm Prince....you are trespassers....this will be your grave." It said. The Knight raised his blade to swing but I circled around him as his blade hit the ground. I stepped back and got a good distance away from it.
          "You....spoke...." I said to myself. He rushed me and knocked me back against the wall. I dropped my sniper rifle but I quickly pulled out my rocket and fired a shell into the Knight. He went flying backwards so I took the oppertunity to run for my sniper. I grabbed it and right as I looked up, the Knight was right above me ready to strike. I pressed the end of my barrel against its chest and pulled the trigger. His chest exploded and he soon turned to ashes. I sat there for a moment in the aftermath of the fight to catch my breath. Alex appeared in front of me. "Parrish. Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah. I'm fine. I just...it spoke. I didn't know that they could. It caught me off guard." I said. "Well we need to keep moving. The sword is almost directly under us." Alex said. I got up and dusted myself off and gathered my weapons. "Let's keep it moving." I said. Alex vanished and we went to the Temple. Walking down cryptic hallways and open areas until finally reaching a room with a small open area in the center. A stairway on either side leading to a second floor platform to oversee the area. At the center, a sword. More specifically, The Blade of Crota.
          "Woah....is that the sword?" I asked as o stepped over towards it. "Yes it is. The Sword of Crota." Alex said. Once I was near it I saw two chamber doors open up. Hive pouring out. I shot a few of them down but then I heard a clicking noise. I had no more ammo. "Uh-oh." I said. I ran around the room avoiding the Hive enemies wondering what my next move would be. I looked and saw the Sword. "Maybe I could use that." I said. I hopped over the army of Thrall that was chasing me and grabbed the sword. Once it was in my hands I could feel the dark energy surging within the Sword. "Woah...." I said. "Be careful Parrish. The power within that blad is nothing but dark energy." Alex said. I swung the sword and began to take out the Hive forces one by one. I slammed the blade onto the ground and a massive shockwave through the ground; destroying the Acolytes and Thrall. Soon after I heard a loud roar coming from the doors. "The last of the Swarm Princes are here!" Alex said. "Time for a sword fight. Come get me!" I said. The princes came out charging at me. I dodged and fought back hard. They weren't a pushover at all.
          I couldn't fight them together so I took one of them up the ramps on the right side of the room. I stood on the edge and taunted him. He charged at me and I jumped out of the way. The Knights momentum forced him off the edge and I followed with a sword slam. His body exploded with the impact and I ran for the other Knight. I swung upward and launched his blade into the ceiling. Once he was off his guard I swung downward and split the Knight in half. It let out a cry in pain as it soon turned to dust like the others. Soon after the blade began to crack and glow brightly and then it disappeared. "Woah. Where did it go?" I asked. I looked around and the room was completely empty. "The sword is gone. It vanished." Alex said. I sighed. "Maybe it was destroyed or maybe it was used up." I said.
          Alex and I made our way back to the surface of the Moon and then he appeared in front of me. "Guardian. You may want to hear this. There's a broadcast going on across all channels. It's the Speaker." Alex said. "Well let's hear it." I said. Alex began to playback the message. "Nothing is more important now. We believe the Hive are engaged in a ritual that is draining The Traveler of its Light. Whatever power they wield must be understood... and destroyed." The Speaker said. A few ships flew overhead and went towards the back entrance to the Temple of Crota. "Where are they going?" I asked Alex. He scanned the area. "They're heading to the Helmouth. That's where we found the Sword. They may be looking for where he ritual could be. I know where it is though." Alex said. "Looks like those scans from earlier helped out. Where's Gold?" I asked.
          "He's off with others helping on Earth. We're on our own." Alex said. Suddenly, Hive Tombships broke into our reality and came in waves. "We should hurry. The sooner we get this ritual stopped the sooner we can assist." I said. I summoned my sparrow and took off towards the entrance to the Temple of Crota. I began to walk inside after arriving st the entrance but Alex stopped me. "Hold on a sec. I'm getting another transmission." He said. I stopped and waited for someone to speak. But then I heard a female voice. "You're interesting...not entirely interesting but...you hold promise." She said. I looked around. "Who is that?" I asked. "I don't know; I'm losing the signal." Alex said. He floated around as he tried to clear the signal. "I know what you're about to do Guardian, it's brave. But there are enemies out there that you would not believe." The voice said. "Out where?" I asked.
          "Go down and face the Hive. If you live, come find me." The voice said. The signal turned to white noise and eventually disconnected. "The signal is dead. But I picked up some of the coordinates from where it came from. Venus, northern hemisphere. Ishtar Region." Alex said. "Ishtar Region.....The academy...." I said holding my head. Visions came back at the sound of the name. I saw the school, the library, Mara. I snapped out of it and reminded myself that I had a mission to do. I walked into the Temple. "Parrish? Where are you going?" Alex asked. "Down." I said as I walked down the stairs.