Raid: Crotas End

After a few weeks of preparation and lots of time to gather information from various sources other than Eris. Going as far as information left behind by The Worlds Grave and even looking upon the writings of Toland's Journal. We were going into this fight completely blind. Eris didn't remember much. I'm not sure she wanted to remember anything at all after what happened to her. But out of all the different places to get information, I did not expect to get anything from Lord Shaxx. As I began to walk past him, he stopped me and brought me over to his table. "Guardian. You aren't planning on going into the Hellmouth to finish what Eris started, are you?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. "No one else can. Not sure if anyone else will." I said to him. He took a seat and signaled me to sit next to him. "There is something that needs to be told to you about your enemy. The things that Eris will not tell you." He said. I sat next to him and began to listen to what he had to say.

"Before Eris and her team descended into Crota's realm, I began to notice a pattern within the Hive's military system. They were evolving just like us in a ritual known only to them and to some of the Vanguard and Guardians as The Sword Logic. It was their form of Crucible but it induced forced evolution upon the Hive. From Thrall to Acolyte and even to Knights and Wizards. Each battle makes them stronger. It shapes them into what they are now. The Hive that can be lurking within Crota's domain could be far more advanced than any of us can predict or even prepare for." He informed me. I looked at him with confidence in my eyes. "Don't worry. I expect nothing less from the Darkness. Me and my friends will face it head on and will come back victorious." I said smiling. These words caused Shaxx to laugh with triumph. "That's my Guardian. Now get out there, and show the Hive and their dark leader what Guardians can do!" He said. I stood up and smiled. Making my leave towards the ship and to where the rest of the gang was. As I walked over, I saw Gold, Royal, Ox, Hades, and Liam all standing there and talking amongst themselves.

"Alright everyone. Are we all ready?" I asked. Everyone gave a nod and grabbed their weapons. I looked over at my Ghost and he nudged my shoulder. "Ummm...don't you have someone to visit?" He asked. I thought about it and then it hit me. "Crap. You guys go on ahead and hold position at the drop zone. I'll meet you all there shortly." I said. I hopped into my ship and made my way out towards the Reef to see Mara. She's always wanted me to check in before I go on life threatening adventures. So basically, I check in with her daily but during times like these, I always make sure to see her in person. She tends to worry a lot ever since Atheon. Once I landed, I quickly made my way over to her throne room. Uldren was standing beside his sister as always and once my presence was announced, he became bitter. There I was. Still flaunting off my Devil's bond on my arm. Mara stood up from her chair and walked over to me. Giving me a kiss on my cheek and stopping me from walking any further. "The last thing we need is my brother getting territorial." She whispered. "I think we're a bit too late preventing that, don't you think?" I asked laughing a little bit. She smiled and held onto me tightly. "You know I don't want you to go." She said. I kissed her forehead. "I'll come back. I always do."

          "But what if you don't?"

          "I will."

          "You don't know that Parrish. Everything you could face down there...It has the chance of taking you away from me after I finally got you back after all these years."

          "Just have faith. Look to the stars. My light shines in the darkness. I'll be sure to come back in one piece."

She let me go and took hold of my hands. Looking dead into my eyes. "Promise me. And don't just say it so I'll let go because if I don't believe you, I won't let go." She said. I gave her a smile and kissed her hand. "I promise, your grace." I said. She blushed slightly and gave me a nod. I kissed her and she reluctantly let me go. I looked over her shoulder at Uldren as he scowled at my gesture towards his beloved sister. I gave Mara a smile and left her chambers. Once the doors shut, I hopped into my ship and made my way towards the Moon. As we approached, Alex appeared. "Hey. I didn't pack anything special for a weapon this time but I did pack a scout rifle." He said. "Aw man. What happened to my MIDA?" I asked a bit upset. "I forgot it. Sorry. But I did bring something useful. A weapon that I picked up from the Vault of Glass." He said. As I landed on the surface of the Moon next to the others and Alex made a scout rifle appear. "I looked it up in the weapon archive of the Vanguard and the name of it is the Vision of Confluence." He said. I held onto it and examined it. "It's simple. I like it." I said. I stepped out of the cockpit and out of the ship.