Expansion 1: Epilogue

We all went back to the tower. People were awaiting our return with open arms but as we walked from the hanger carrying the body of one of our comrades all their happy faces soon turned upside down. Everyone was in disbelief as to what had happened to Hades. While some celebrated our victory, we all walked in silence. Making our way towards the Speaker. He stood at the entrance to his chambers near the west side of the tower as if he could sense what was wrong. We looked at him. Each of us had the same expression. He walked towards us and looked over John. "A victory well fought Guardians, but another light is now with the Traveler." He said. I looked at the speaker and decided to step forward. "Bring him back." I said as I showed the Speaker the Ghost that belonged to Hades. He picked it up and looked at it. "He was your friend. I may be able to restore his light." The Speaker said. I took Hades body from Liam and followed the Speaker. Soon, the Speaker began to channel light into the Ghost and it was restored. His Ghost began to fly again and move around.
          "W-what happened?" The Ghost said. Soon she saw Hades in my arms. She gasped and began to heal him. Restoring his life and soon he gasped. I sat him down and Hades coughed and took a breath of fresh air. "Woah...am I..."
          I helped him up and smiled. "Welcome back John." I said. He sighed and placed his hand where the hole in his armor was. "Ouch. I really took a hit, didn't I?" He said. I laughed a bit and helped him walk back to the others. I looked back at the Speaker. "Thank you. I really appreciate it." I said. He smiled and walked back to his post and soon I followed everyone. We all went back to the food truck and enjoyed a bite to eat for celebration. "Well, we did it. We destroyed the Hive leader." Royal said sitting back. "Yep. And with little casualties." Gold said. Hades rubbed his chest and I held onto my shoulder. "Are you sure about that Gold?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head. "So. What now? Another moment of peace? We practically saved the world from a possible Hive invasion. What else is there to do?" Ox asked. I looked over at Alex who was floating nearby with everyone else's Ghost. "Who's up for some training in the Crucible?" I asked. Everyone looked over at me. "I mean, Lord Shaxx told me before we began our mission that the Hive practice something that some people called the Sword Logic. Growing stronger with every life and every battle. The Hive could not truly die unless defeated in their own realm. Therefore, they made a place outside of their realm to train to become stronger and to evolve." I said. This began to peak their interests.
          "We have Ghosts to revive us. With each death we grow stronger and move on." Royal said. "Exactly. So if we were to practice Sword Logic, we could become even stronger than our enemies. We could be ready for a fight before it even arrived." I responded. "I say we go into the Crucible. Train. Get stronger and ready for whatever happens next."
          "I guess I'm interested." Hades said.
          "Yeah. Why not?" Liam said.
          "I got no plans tonight." Ox said.
          "What the heck. Let's do it." Gold said.
          I looked over at Royal who was sitting and drinking his soda. "Royal. You in?" I asked. He just looked at everyone as we all looked and awaited for his answer. "Ugh. Fine. I feel like I'm being pressured." He said reluctantly. We all laughed and I stood up. "Let's get moving then." I said. Everyone finished eating and we all geared up and went to see Shaxx. He watched as we all approached with our weapons in hand. "Guardians. You've come for battle?" He asked. I looked at everyone and looked back at him. "No. We came for war." I said smiling. He laughed and shook my hand. "Ha ha! That's my Guardian!" He said heroically. I laughed at his enthusiasm. We all gathered in the Hanger and loaded onto our ships. I began to follow everyone to the sight of the Crucible grounds. On the way I got a call from Mara. "Parrish, where are you??" She asked. "Don't worry. I'm fine. I'm on my way to train in the Crucible with my buddies." I said. "And you weren't gonna tell me you were back?" She said with a bit of tone in her voice. I sighed and shook my head. "Sorry. But we had a few things to take care of first." I said. I could hear her sighing.
          "You owe me Guardian." She said. I laughed. "What may I owe to you my Queen?" I asked. "A date. A dinner date."
          "My treat I'm guessing?"
          "You're the boy. You're supposed to treat me like a queen.
          "But you are a queen."
          "Exactly. So dinner next week at seven on Earth. I'll be escorted by my Royal Guard."
          "Why not let me pick you up?"
          "In that rickety old ship? No."
          I took a look around my ship and saw that it was the same one that I found back in the ruined buildings of Old Russia. "What if I upgraded?" I asked. "Then maybe I'll let you pick me up." She said. I smiled. "Sure. It'll be ready before you know it." I said. She hung up as I arrived on the battle ground of the Crucible. We all stepped out and we got into two teams of three. Me, Gold, and Hades against Liam, Ox, and Royal. Lord Shaxx stood on the sidelines to spectate. "Let's do this Guardians!" Shaxx announced. And with that, we all began to clash in combat.

"The Darkness continues to grow stronger with each waking moment. Another threat has grown. Manifested itself into the mold of a Hive god. Crota. His forces slowly invaded our world and many different threats have come and gone even before him. His power was short lived in our eyes. His echo still remains. And I fear that many others will soon come over the horizon. But as Guardians are, we will be ready. The Hive learned from the ways of the Sword. We have as well. And we will continue to grow. Shining bright throughout the Darkness."
(Grimoire: Me)