Expansion 2: Epilogue

After about a few weeks of relaxation and recovery, it was time for me and the Queen to tie the knot. Me and my friends were all gathered at the Reef for the ceremony. "You have everything you need bro?" Hades asked. I gave him a nod and grabbed my bond to put on my arm. The symbol was changed from the House Of Devils to the Reef colors. "Just so you know, once you're king or whatever, I'm not gonna be taking any orders from you." Royal said. I laughed a bit. "According to Mara, males can't assume the throne but I'll still be married but if she decides to give me an order to tell you, then you better fulfill your task." I said teasing him. He just rolled his eyes and I walked over to the throne room doors. "We'll be in the crowd. You go ahead and make your walk. You've got this." Ox said. I smiled and watched them as they were escorted inside. I stood behind the door and Alex appeared.
          "So. Today is the day. To think you would have climbed the ranks this fast. You really are something." He said. I smiled a bit. "You think I'm ready?" I asked him. "Well. You ARE about to marry the Queen of the Reef."
          "Yeah."
          "Uldren's sister."
          "I know. And I'll have to deal with him along the way. Nothing that I can't handle."
          "Nothing we can't handle. I'm gonna be here too ya know?"
          "You're right Alex. We've got this."

         Before I knew it, the doors opened and I walked over to her throne. Standing in front of her, her brother, and the Queens Guard. I took a knee in front of them and Mara stood in front of me. "Guardian. An occasion like this rarely comes by. Never in my lifetime as Queen, have I heard records of an outsider becoming a right hand to the throne. But I am happy to say that this will be the first time in our history to bring someone of the Traveler, a Guardian, to join me in my rule. Now. Rise Guardian." She said. I stood up and looked at her with a smile. "My Queen, I am honored to be in your presence and to not only accept this throne along side you, but to also have your hand in marriage." I said. She blushed a bit but maintained her composure. "Starting today. We welcome this Guardian as my right hand. And an official member of the Reef." Mara said. Everyone began to clap and cheer. My friends were standing up and celebrating. Alex floated over to me. "I now pronounce you—"
          I stopped him by pushing him to the side and kissing Mara. She was caught off guard but happily accepted it. "Getting straight to the point I see. Good job Guardian." Alex said.

          After we all celebrated, I made my way back home at the Tower. I was standing next to a railing and looking out at the Traveler and the city. "The light is strong with you Guardian." A voice said. I turned around to see the speaker. "Speaker. What brings you here?" I asked him. "I sense something. Something different within you. You are growing very strong. And a new spark is beginning to show within you as well. You have touched so many since your resurrection. And you have done so much work here with us. I can only imagine what the future holds not just for you. But for all of us."
          "Thank you Speaker."
          "Continue carrying the light with you Guardian. Let it guide you."
          The speaker made his way back to his quarters and I went back to my room. "So. You got married, became somewhat of a king, and brought down another fallen house. You are just hitting milestone after milestone. What's next for our adventure?" Alex asked. "I don't know. I guess we can relax." I said. The tv turned on and a movie was in tv. "I'll get some popcorn." I said.

"Another challenge completed. Another foe defeated. Another entry. Although throughout this journey, I've been a bit off. Yes, I achieved victory, but something is still off. Something is still bothering me. I don't know what it is. I don't know what it could mean. All I can do is wait. All endings are beginnings. A friend told me this once. So while I enjoy this time of peace, I also need to be prepared. Something is coming...." (Grimoire: Me)