Expansion 1: The Hated (Bonus Chapter)

"By pleasing their gods, the Hive carve scars on the fabric of our realm" (Grimoire: Urzok...)

Once we all arrived back at home we began to see some of the targets that are marked on a map of the Cosmodrome. "Ok. So...there are five targets total. One of them I already ended up facing earlier today. Sardon, The Fist of Crota. Which leaves us with four other targets." I said. Alex projected the targets on a holographic map. "According to the Worlds Grave data, the ones that remain are the Might, Hand, Eyes, and Heart of Crota. If we can find these beings and destroy them, we can weaken Crota." Alex said. "Well then why not just destroy the Heart? He wouldn't be able to do much without that." Royal said. "It's not that simple. Yes, all components are reccomended to restore Crota to his formal glory, but some of these pieces are not required. The Heart being one of those parts." Alex responded. Soon there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered and saw Ox there. "Hey dude. A little birdy told me you were out doing missions." He said. I shook his hand and let him inside my room. "You've come to the right place. We could use an extra hand." I said. I was shot to close the door but then a foot stopped it. It was Hades. "Don't you close the door on me." He said. I laughed and let him in. My room was full at this point. "So. What's going on?" Ox asked. I pointed to the map of the Cosmodrome. "Map, red blinking lights, looks like it's time to hunt." Hades said. I stood in front of everyone.
"Alright guys. Listen up. There are four targets that need to be found and killed before the sun falls tonight. Alex, pull up the faces of the targets." I said. Alex projected each target and what they looked like. "Gold, you'll be handling the Eyes of Crota. They're found in the Grottos where I fought Sardon. Royal is going to take on the hand of Crota inside the Refinery. Ox, you get to kill the Heart of Crota near Skywatch. And Hades, you'll be killing the Might of Crota. He is gonna be located near the outer Wall of the Cosmodrome. If you end up near the outside entrance to the Inside of the Refinery, you've gone too far." I said. "Each Piece of Crota will have a summoner. It will either be a Thrall or an Acolyte. Destroy the summoner to awaken the individual targets. Seems simple right?" Alex asked. Hades raised his hand. "Question."
"What is it?"
"If there are only four parts, then what are you gonna do?"
I pointed to an open field of Skywatch. "There is supposed to be a Hive leader that will show up in this area that needs to be destroyed. Urzok, The Hated. I'll be going after him while you all take out the other various parts of Crota." I said. Everyone agreed and I dismissed everyone to get ready. I loaded my weapons and Alex appeared. "You never stop, do you?" He asked me. I smiled and put my helmet on. "What can I say? I like a challenge." I said as I walked out of the room. I went to the small food truck near the Tower to pack some food for the road. After getting it, I went back to my ship and made my way to the Skywatch. Everyone else broke off on their own paths and soon I arrived at my destination. A few Fallen were scattered about so I hopped out of my ship and killed whatever was in the area. I made a small camp and began to eat. My helmet sitting beside me. "Hey Alex. Call Mara. I wanna see what she's up to." I say. Alex appeared in front of me and began to make the call. Soon there wasn't an answer. "Well then. Maybe she's busy." Alex says. I sighed and left a voicemail for her; telling her to call me back so we could chat. I finished my food and lied back on the grass. Enjoying the breeze. I closed my eyes and felt my power flowing within me. It was weird but something to get used to.
After a little time I began to hear more gunshots and Plasma blasts. I sat up and saw Fallen fighting a small Hive army. I pulled out my sniper and shot a few for fun but then I noticed more of them coming along. "Woah woah woah. Parrish, be careful. I'm sensing high mobility in our vacinity." Alex said. I moved from my spot and soon Skiffs appeared in the area. Dropping off more Fallen. "Well then." I said to myself. Soon after that, a Hive Tombship cut into our realm and dropped off an army of Hive. "A turf war?" I wondered. Soon I heard Eris speak through Alex. "Urzok is near...Join the fight Guardian. Kill them all." She said. I sighed and reloaded my sniper. "With pleasure."
I got into a good hiding spot and began to open fire upon anything that moved. More Fallen came out of the caves, buildings, Skiffs and even the Hive came from a cave system nearby and an opening that lead into a small building. They were strong in number but soon I saw a Hive Knight appear. His stature was different and his blade was huge. He let out a mighty roar and began to participate in the fight. "I'm guessing that's him." Alex said. I tried to shoot another round from my sniper but soon it became empty. "Darn it. Guess I gotta get in close." I said. Alex gave me my MIDA and I slowly pushed forward. Urzok soon saw me and immediately charged. Faster than Sardon and with a lot more force. He knocked me down and lifted his blade. Bringing it downward. I caught it and soon struggled to get out of his reach. "Nope! I am NOT getting stabbed again!" I shouted as I punched him right in his face. I rolled out of the way but as quickly I could get up he charged at me. Knocking me down once more. This time I recovered quickly. Standing back on my feet. The beast laughed as he swung his blade. I jumped out of the way and soon Alex made my helmet appear on my head. "Thanks buddy." I said.
I asked Alex to give me my shotgun. He did and took away my sniper and I began to fight this deamon spawn. Soon I saw that the Queen was calling me back. "Jeez...why now?" I said to myself. I told Alex to answer the call and I continued to fight. "Parrish. Hey. I saw that I missed your call. I was in a meeting. What's up?" She asked me. I quickly dodged another hit from the Knight. "Oh ya know. Savin the world again." I said as I fired another round into the Knight. Knocking him to the ground. "Cool. Well I was wondering about something. I wanna have dinner tonight. Do you think you'd be interested?" She asked. I charged at the Knight once more and threw a Novabomb right onto it. "Dinner? Tonight?" I said. Urzok came at me. More pissed off than before and tried to drive his blade straight through me. I dodged it and shot him point blank with a shotgun blast and he fell. Dropping his blade. "Yeah. I was thinking I could cook and we could eat. Either that or go out to eat somewhere on earth. It would be up to you." She said. I picked up the blade and saw that Urzok was still stunned. Trying to pick himself up off the ground. "Let me think about that. Don't hang up ok?" I said. I ran to Urzok and plunged the blade right into his chest; twisting it a little and then finally yanking it out. I took a final swing and clipped its head off. I dropped the blade and watched it turn to dust. The Hive and Fallen had ran away and soon the area was empty. "You still there?" I asked Mara. "Yeah. I'm here."
"I'll be over in a few hours. Let me shower and rest a bit. It's been a busy day." I said. She giggled. "Alright. Come by whenever. I'll be waiting." She said. I hung up and walked over to Urzok's body. "Sigh...that wasn't fun." I said. Soon Eris spoke again. "Take his essence...I must have it." She said. I looked at Alex and just shrugged. I examined the body and soon found a red orb. I picked it up and just examined it. "Seems legit." Alex said. He dematerialized it and stored it for transport and we made our way back to the ship to go home. I started a group call to see what the team was up to. "Hey guys. Status reports." I said. "Well. I took out the Eyes. They were a walk in the park." Gold said. "Awesome. Hades?"
"The Might of Crota fell to the will of my own." He said.
"Ok...Ox? What about you?"
"The heart has been broken." Ox said. Hades and Gold laughed and I just sighed. "Nice one dude. Royal?"
"Don't EVER send me to do something like that again. Do you know how many Thrall there were?!" He said complaining. I laughed. "That's not what I asked Royal. Is the Hand of Crota dead?" I asked. "Yes. You owe me." He said. I laughed and got into my ship and flew back to the Tower and stopped by to see Eris. "Alex, the...essence." I said. Alex made it appear and I handed it to her. "Thank you Guardian. I will call on you when we are ready for the final step..." She said. I gave her a nod and went back to my room. I tossed my helmet to the side and took off my armor. "So. Date night?" Alex asked. I gave him a nod. "Yep. Date night."