Epilogue

Once I finished enjoying myself I made my way back to the Reef to see Mara. I wondered what my surprise was going to be. I arrived in the Reef moments later and I was greeted by her guards. I smiled at the warm gesture and soon arrived at her throne. I kneeled. "Your Grace. I have returned." I said as I took off my helmet. She smiled and I noticed she wasn't wearing her usual clothing. It was a dress. Purple. It made her look stunning. I smiled to myself. "Arise Guardian." She said. I stood before her. She walked over to me. Holding something behind her back. "Close your eyes." She said. I did so and soon she stood in front of me and pulled out whatever was behind her back. "Open."
          I opened my eyes and saw a black helmet. "Woah...it's really nice." I said as I held it. It had some weight to it and I placed it on. I cloud hear a small rumble. It was faint but after a while I could feel it. Like I was hearing infrasound. I took it back off and looked at Mara. "It's a gift. The Obsidian Mind. A helmet that repels all Darkness and gives the wielder the ability to truly embrace the void. It is yours now." She said smiling. I kissed her gently. Pulling her close to me as her arms immediately wrapped around my neck. I lifted her up and she giggled as I walked over to her throne with her in my arms. I sat down with her in my lap as we shared an intimate and blissful kiss. Becoming intense overtime as it became a make out. We couldn't get enough. Soon she broke away and we both began to catch our breath. I noticed a strap from her dress was slipping down her left shoulder.
          "Not yet...not here Guardian. I'm still not ready even though its been years." She said blushing. "I understand Mara. I can wait." I said. She smiled at my respect for her and she curled into my chest. "Tell me a story." She said.
          "What would you like to hear?"
          "Tell me the story of what you did when you came back to life. Tell me the story of the Black Garden. The Vault of Glass. Tell me everything." She said. I smiled and began my tale. Soon she fell asleep in my arms and I lifted her up and walked her to her room. I lied her down on her bed and tucked her in. I kissed her cheek. "I love you Mara...my Queen." I said softly. She made herself comfortable and smiled in her sleep. I left her room and went back to my room in the Tower. I sat in the window. "Guardian?"
          "Yes Alex?"
          "Do you think this is over?"
          "No. Not by a long shot. All ends are beginnings. I'll be ready for whatever terror comes to us next. And I'll end it. Even with a few friends or by myself."
          "You'll be leading the way Guardian."
          "Thank you Alex. And I'm glad you found me."
          "I'm glad I found you."

"This is the story of a Warlock. His quest through time. His journey through history. His memories from the past. His relationships of the present. His hopes from the future. This is the story of a Guardian. A student becoming a teacher. A follower becoming a leader. A flicker in the night becoming a source of powerful light. This is the story of a Warlock. This is his story."
(Grimoire: Me)