Expansion 1: Chapter 2

"One Sword stands tallest among them, leading the charge against us all." (Grimoire: Sardon, Fist of Crota)

I landed near one of the Hive Tombships and began to track their movements. Wondering what the Hive could be trying to do. I walked along the grass and dirt covered lands of the Cosmodrome to see the Hive fighting the Fallen. "Well then. They look busy. Eris, where am I going?" I asked through the communication system. Her voice soon came in. "Your target is Sardon. The Fist of Crota. He is the leading commander of the Hive spawn on earth. Go through the Refinery, search the Grottos and see to his end. The coordinates have been sent to your ghost." She said. I looked at Alex and he floated over to me. "Lead the way little buddy." I said. We began to move around the group of Hive and fallen but soon I heard an ear piercing screach. It sounded like a witch. Before my eyes spawned a Hive wizard. Bigger than any of the others that I saw before. It created more Thrall and they all soon began to chase after me. "Oh no. Not good." I said as I ran to train the wave of Thrall. Once they were all lined up I opened fire. Headshot after headshot. I ran back up to where the wizard was but it was gone by the time I got there. "Woah...Alex, who was that?" I asked. He began to do a small scan but soon Eris spoked. "That...was Omnigul. Mother of the Spawn. She is the one who will be ushering in Crotas return. She's heading for the inner sectors of the Cosmodrome. To where, I do not know."
"I'll send Gold there to see what he can do." I said. I ran inside the refinery and called Gold. "Yello~?"
"Hey gold. I need you to go to the Forgotten Shores in the Cosmodrome. We got company on our hands." I said as I walked inside. "I knew I saw Hive ships. I'll be there. What about you?" He asked me. I kept moving further into the refinery until I saw an opening into what seemed like an underground passage. "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. Just get there." I said as I hung up with him. I traversed deeper into the cave. I could feel a Hive presence within the structure. Green and glowing crystals laced some of the walls and even the ground. I continued further and soon arrived into a small cave system. "Woah...I had no idea that this was even under the Refinery. Alex look around and--" I was suddenly cut off by a roar from a knight. I jumped out of the way as the knight slammed his sword against the ground where I was standing. I looked at his features. He looked different from ordinary Hive Knights. His outer shell was a grey color with green glowing marks on his arms, upper chest, and forehead. His three glowing eyes standing out the most. Brighter than what I've seen before. "Can you talk too?" I asked. He let out a roar and charged at me. "Ok. I'll take that as a no."
I forced him back with a void push but the beast took the hit like it was nothing. He swung with enormous force and I ducked at the last moment. His blade left a hole in the wall where the impact was. I ran away to get a little distance between us but soon I saw Thrall emerge from the ground. A few of them began to chase me. I pulled out my MIDA and took them out one by one. Or so I thought. Without warning, one of them drug their claws straight down my back. I let out a scream of pain and punched the Thrall. It fell to the ground and I opened fire upon it. I wanted to stop and recover from the encounter but then the Knight kicked me against the wall. I dropped my weapon and he charged at me once more. I caught the blade as it was inches away from my chest. "You will suffer!! Your planet will suffer!! You. Will! DIE!!" It shouted. I felt energy surging within and I channeled it into light energy. Without hesitation, I made a risky move. I let go of the blade as I felt it's rigid shape dig into my side. I let out a painful cry as the Knight was at eye level with me. Ready to tear me apart. "I am the Fist of Crota, Sardon! And you will suffer the same fate as your planet!!" He exclaimed before laughing hysterically. I focused my energy and launched a Novabomb right at his face. Inches away from my own. The impact was so great, it forced me back into the wall, creating a crater upon impact. My ears began to ring as I could hear a muffled Alex trying to talk to me. I looked at the blade as it was still inside my side. I pulled it out quickly and watched as I began to bleed. The Would wasn't healing. Soon my hearing came back and I could hear Alex.
"Parrish! You need to get out of here! There's something in this cave that's preventing me from healing you. You're seriously injured." He said. I slowly stood and grabbed the sword from the ground. "Tell Gold...to come and get me..." I said. I couldn't use my Radiance ability since I had just used a Novabomb so there was no way of healing. I looked as the Knight was still alive. He was slowly getting up. The Novabomb did a decent amount of damage. All that was left was to finish him. I tightened my drop on the blade and ran for him. As he stood I drove the blade right through his chest and pushed him into a wall. Pinning him there as his chest began to glow green. "The name is Parrish. I'm a Guardian from Earth. And you're not welcomed here. So you tell your leader that I'll be seeing him soon." I said. The Knight let out a Hive scream and then exploded in green light. I sighed and soon the Sword crumbled into ashes. I fell to my knees. I looked at my wounds and soon felt the pain kick in. "Alex....I'm....tired...." I said. I tilted over and hit the ground. I could hear Alex calling out to me as I began to fade out of consciousness. Once I passed out I could hear weird voices and clicking. I saw symbols and Green lights I heard a name. Crota.
I soon woke up in my room. I looked around and saw Gold and Mara there. Looking over me. "Hey buddy. You ok?" Gold asked. I sat up and felt a sting of pain in my back. "Ouch..." I said in response. I felt the Queen take my hand and kiss my cheek. "I'm so glad you're ok. I lost you twice. I don't need to lose you a third time." She said to me. "Twice....oh yeah. The Black Garden." I said laughing a little bit. She sat next to me. "I patched you up along with Eris. You were beat up badly." Gold said. "Yeah. Trying to fight a Knight is usually easy but this one was stronger and could hit a lot harder than anything else I could have fought."
"And apparently there's more out there to face."
"Oh great. Just great. Did Eris say anything about our next mission?"
"We need to go to the Warmind's hideout."
"You mean Rasputin?"
"Yeah...how did you know?"
I stretched a little bit and stood up. "Alex and I re-established the Array back in Skywatch. It was able to link us to information on Rasputin. Along with a scouting mission we had at the Forgotten Shores. We don't know much, but we know enough." I said. "Rasputin is a heavily armed and highly intelligent Warmind hat guards Earth. He is one of our last lines of defense against any known threat. Even the darkness." Mara said. I changed my worn out pants and put in a shirt. "Well then. Let's go make a stop by Eris and see what we need to do." I said. Mara took my hand before I could leave. "My...Parrish. You should recover first. You shouldn't just go back into the fight. Rest." She said. I looked at her for a moment and smiled. "I will. Trust me. But this is something that I have to do. Otherwise, this Hive invasion can get a lot worse." I said. "Then promise me that you'll come back in one piece." She asked me. I kissed her cheek. "I promise. And this time, I'll keep it."
She smiled. I signaled Gold to follow me and soon I could feel my wounds mending. Alex was getting back to work. We soon approached Eris and her face didn't seem too happy. "What now Eris? The Fist of Crota has been killed." I said. She sighed. "That is somewhat relieving. But not enough. You have to go deeper. Omnigul is currently making her way towards Rasputin. The A.I Warmind of the Cosmodrome. If she is to destroy him or corrupt him, then Earth is defenseless. You must stop her before that can happen." She said. "You got it. Gold, let's get moving." I said. He gave me a nod and we went to our ships. Taking off once more into the fight.