Strike: The Devils Lair

"I never believed a machine could know hatred." (Grimoire: Sepiks Prime)

          The following night after the last mission in the Cosmodrome I decided to go to the Vanguard personally while Alex got me some new gear and weapons. Just a few upgrades were needed. I walked to the Vanguard chambers and I saw Gold again with Ikora. I walked over to the table and soon all the conversations stopped. I stood there with a serious look on my face and Cayde was the first to speak. "Guardian? Everything alright?" He asked. "No. Nothing is alright. I hope you all are aware of the Hive lingering around and marking their territory in the Cosmodrome. This is something serious that needs attention ASAP." I said. Zavala spoke next. "In order to properly stop this threat we need to destroy their leaders. If they fall, then the Hive will scatter." He said. Ikora grabbed a book and flipped through the pages.
      "The Hive are a massive force of the Darkness. An infestation. Almost parasitic in nature. They feed on light and the energy of the Traveler. They're dangerous." She said. I sighed as they were telling me things that I had already pieced together. "Yeah I get that. But what can we do about them? Where did they even come from?" I asked. "Well they took the moon since the Fallen had the different parts of Earth so....yeah. Check there." Cayde said. "And their plan? What are they doing here?" I asked. "They may want the Traveler...a strong possibility of course but it's something we can't take lightly." Zavala said. "Ikora, what's my next move?" I asked. "You and Gold will head out to the moon and see what's going on. There was a fellow Guardian there that was supposed to investigate an abandoned outpost there on the moon but his signal went dark. You'll check on that once you finish another mission." She said to me as she walked over. Gold following close behind. "Another mission? Already? I just got back from Skywatch." I said.
          "There's one more thing you need to do here on earth before you go. Beneath the ruins of the Cosmodrome, we found the House of Devils lair. And a High Servitor giving the Fallen strength. You need to destroy that Servitor and put the Devils down for good." Zavala said. "House of Devils? Is that a Fallen clan or something?" I asked. "We don't have much information on the different houses but what we have gathered is that the Devils are roaming in the Cosmodrome. Once this is done, you can proceed to your next mission on the moon." He said. I sighed and turned around. Beginning to make my way out of the Vanguard quarters. "I'll go with you. You probably don't wanna do this alone." Gold said. I smiled a little bit and gestured him to come along with me. "Go get 'em Guardian." Cayde said. I waved as we walked back to the Tower Hanger. Alex was speaking with Holiday and I soon got his attention. "Alex. Let's roll. We got a Servitor to kill." I said. He said goodbye to Holiday and floated next to me.
          "A Servitor? You mean Sepiks?" He asked me. "I guess so. Is that his name?" I asked. I got into my ship and Gold got into his. We took off back towards the Cosmodrome and Alex continued to speak. "Sepiks Prime is the High Servitor that we've been hunting for a while now. It's something worth noting that if we destroy him, some of the Devils will scatter. But we are going right into heavy fire." Alex said. I heard Gold through my ships communication system. "Rumor also says that if you destroy a Prime Servitor of a Fallen house, you become the Prime of that house." Gold said. I laughed a little bit. "That can't be true. And besides, I wouldn't wanna have control over these guys as cool as that may sound." I said. We eventually landed back in the heart of the Cosmodrome and we began our search for Sepiks. We walked through what seemed to be an abandoned assembly place or even another outpost. Gold guided us most of the way and soon we arrived at an entrance to a building. A factory if you will. We walked inside and soon saw Fallen and Hive forces fightin against eachother.
          "Christ. And I thought we hated the Fallen. Let's go." I said. Gold took the lead and started firing away at the Hive while I took on the Fallen. My scout rifle coming in great handy when it came to taking them out. Once the room was cleared we walked down a set of stair and heard the screaming of Thrall and gunfire of Fallen Vandals. I decided to run in head first. I could feel the Void energy inside me swelling up. I leaped into the air and floated forward for a few feet. I threw my Novabomb but instead of one projectile, I threw three. Splitting into different directions and taking out a lot more than I expected. I landed behind cover and Gold soon joined me. "My powers just keep getting better and better." I said. He laughed and threw a few Solar Grenades. Making the Fallen scatter and scamper from their hiding places. I took the opportunity and opened fire on the remaining Fallen. Once the room was clear, we discovered that our pathway was blocked off by a laser grid. "Well crap. What are we gonna do now?" Gold asked.
          "Hmmm...I wonder." I said sarcastically as I summoned Alex with just a flick of my wrist. "What do you want me to do?" Alex asked. He looked over and saw the laser grid blocking us. "Oh yeah. Never mind."
          He floated over to a device not too far away and scanned it. "It seemed like this is whats holding the lasers. I'll handle it. Just keep me covered." He said as he began to hack the security. Once he began to tamper with the machine Fallen started coming in waves. Me and Gold dug in and held our ground; taking them out one by one. "Just a little more time. And by the way, there's more Fallen AND Hive coming our way." Alex said. I sighed and Gold pulled out his shotgun as I grabbed my sniper from my back. "Here we go." I said. He nodded and we let loose on everything that was moving in front of us. I wasn't paying much attention to anything behind me. "Parrish watch out!!" Gold shouted. I turned around and saw a Stealth Vandal with a knife in his hand ready to cut my head off. Gold took the hit and I killed the Vandal. "Oh no. Gold!" I said. I went to go grab him but then his body became encased in light. He sprung up from the ground. Flaming wings emerging from his back for a brief moment as he took out the rest of the Fallen and Hive with ease.
          Once his flame was gone he stumbled a bit and grabbed his weapons. His wound on his back was completely healed. "Gold are you alright?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm fine. That's the power of Radiance. It's main capability is healing all wounds, and if you're lucky reviving you upon death." He said as he dusted himself off. I was amazed. Alex disabled the lasers and we advances forward into the Devils territory. Once there we walked through what seemed to be an area decorated in Devil symbols and markings of the Fallen House of Devils. It was almost scary but then we reached a set of double doors. "Here we go....what should we expect on the other side?" I asked. Alex popped out and then looked at me. "I dunno. That's for you to decide." He said. He vanished as the doors opened and then we saw a giant Servitor. Spikes covering its body and Dregs feeding it power. "Well. Here we go." Gold said. I rushed in with him close behind me and we took out the Fallen Dregs surrounding the Servitor. The giant purple robotic sphere in the sky soon looked at us and began to fire away.
          "Scatter!!" I shouted. Gold ran one way and I went the opposite direction. My guns firing every round they had in them. It was absorbing a crap ton of damage and returned it just as heavily. I took cover and Gold dived next to me. I chucked a grenade but Sepiks teleported away and the grenade missed. "What the-- Where did it go?" I asked. It suddenly reappeared in front of us and began to open fire. Me and Gold were blasted away from the impact and soon had to run for cover again. I took out my sniper and took a few shots into the Prime Servitor and eventually it was stunned. "Gold, hit it now!" I shouted. He ran out of cover and unloaded everything he had. Cracks started to form on Sepiks. He was close to being destroyed. As the fight progressed more Fallen Devils began to show up and take us by surprise; slowing down our progress and eventually pushing us back. "Ummm. A Novabomb would be pretty useful right about now!" Gold said as gunfire shot past our heads. "Yeah. It would be pretty nice to have that now wouldn't it. I'm sorry my powers are fluctuating at the moment!" I retorted. He sighed and activated his Radiance. His body being encased in flames yet again. He threw as many grenades as he could in a short amount of time and eventually all the Fallen were either hiding or defeated. I noticed behind Gold that there was a bright orb on the ground.
        "What's that?" I asked myself. I ran out of cover and picked it up. It was pretty big. Enough to fit in both of my hands. "Gold what's this?" I asked him as he kept running from Sepiks. "That's an orb of light. Absorb it!"
          "How the hell do I do that?"
          "I don't know it just happens!" He said. Suddenly he started floating up into the air. He was being absorbed by Sepiks. I looked at the orb and squeezes it in my hands and as it vanished I felt a surge of energy go throughout my body. Void energy. "Ooooh so that's what it does--"
          "Parrish help!!" Gold shouted. I came out of cover and chucked a Novabomb at Sepiks and he exploded upon contact with it. Gold fell and hit the ground a bit harder that he would have liked. "Ow...." he said in pain. I walked over and helped him up. "You ok dude?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." He said. He gathered himself and his weapons and I checked the area for any more Fallen. I saw a red glowing symbol on one of the arms of the Fallen Vandals. It was a Devils mark. "Hmmm....I'll just take this." I said. I plucked it off of his arm and placed it on mine. The House of Devils mark glowing like a hologram. "Look Gold. I found a souvenir." I said as I showed off my newfound loot. "Awesome. But be careful who sees that. It could be bad." He said. I nodded and we made our way back to the Tower to tell the Vanguard of the good news that another leader of the Fallen has been neutralized.