Expansion 1: Chapter 4

"They are all here, on Earth, I can feel them. His Eyes watch our worlds for him; the Hand whose grasps on Earth must be unbound; the Heart who ceases at nothing to bring Crota back. And Omnigul, his vile Will, the keeper of the worms, the mother of his spawn." (Grimoire: Disciples of Crota)

          After I showered and put on some decent clothing, I hopped back into my ship and flew to the Reef. I made my way through and soon arrived at the landing station. I was transported out of the ship and made my way to the Queen who was waiting for me near her chambers. "There you are love." She said to me. She looked stunning. Wearing a long purple dress and a necklace that seemed like it was made of diamonds. Part of her dress covering her left shoulder and going down her left arm as a sleeve. The other arm exposed. Her hair normal as usual but even so, it looked amazing. I smiled and took her hand. Giving it a gentle kiss. "My queen." I said. She blushed. "Don't you think you're a little too close to her?" A voice said. I looked to my left and saw the Prince walking over to us. "Hello Uldren. Didn't think you were back from patrol." Mara said to him. "Yes. I just got back a moment ago." He replied to her. The Queen looked around in her small handbag and then sighed. "I left my bracelet in the throne room. Excuse me for a moment." Mara said as she walked away. I leaned against the wall and soon Uldren was closer to me. "I already don't trust you Guardian," he began to move closer. A hand on his knife. "But my sister is happy. So I will allow this." He said.
          "You don't have much of a choice." I replied as I stepped away. He slowly backed off as the Queen came back. "Well then. Do you have a plan for our date? If not then I can have my servants cook for us." Mara asked me. "I didn't find many places that I thought would interest you. Plus I'd rather be here than on earth for such a long period of time." I said. She giggled and clapped her hands. Servants came and she gave them the order to start up dinner. "Come. Let's eat." She said. I took her hand and we walked to the dinning hall. I pulled out her chair and sat her down then I went to seat myself across from her. Food was brought out to us not too long after that and as we ate, we endulged in light conversation and a few jokes. We drank and made the most out of that night. We soon left the table and went to the throne room. I sat in her chair and she rested in my lap. She laid her head on my chest and sighed. "This was perfect." She said to me. I smiled and held onto her. "It was. It still is." I said. She mumbled to herself but I couldn't hear her. "What was that?" I asked hoping that she would speak up.
          "I missed you. We haven't been on a date in years...so many years." She said. I could feel her gripping my shirt slightly. "I'm sorry I couldn't show up sooner." I said to her. I couldn't think of anything else to say to her. I haven't been around for her. Soon I felt a wet spot on my shirt. She was crying. "You have no idea how hard it was...coping with loss...becoming an Awoken Queen...being without you. Parrish, I almost broke apart." She said. Her tone slowly rising. Memories were flooding into her mind. I sat her up so we could see eachother eye to eye. I wiped her face clean and she took my hand. Holding it against her cheek. "Don't leave me again...not like that. I don't think I can do it again." She begged. Her voice was shaky. Tears were erupting as emotions flooded into her. I held her hands and smiled at her. It seemed to calm her down. "I promise." I said. I kissed her cheek but before I could draw away to see her face she quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. She didn't want me to go too far away from her. She kissed me. It was a lot more intimate than the previous ones before. It soon deepened and she straddled my lap. Facing me and not leaving my lips. Eventually I broke away. She giggled and so did I. "You still not ready?" I asked her. She blushed. "Soon. Just wait a little longer, ok?" She asked. I kissed her forehead and gave her a nod. Alex soon appeared. "Parrish. We need to go." He said. I looked at him. "Whats wrong?" I asked him. Mara stood out of my lap to allow me to stand. "It's Eris. She found the rest of the Wakers of Crota. They're waking his soul as we speak!" Alex exclaimed. My facial expression slowly changed. "How...how is that possible? We destroyed all of the different--"
          I was suddenly cut off by Eris communicating through Alex. "Guardian! Now is not the time for questions. You must enter the Hellmouth immediately. You cannot allow the Wakers to resurrect Crota's soul!" She said. I looked at Mara. "Be careful...ok?" She asked me. I kissed her once more and ran out for my ship. "Alex, call the rest of the fireteam and get them in the air ASAP." I said as I got in. Once the ship was ready to go I took off for the Moon. "Unfortunately, Ox is off world with Royal on a mission on Mars. Gold and Hades are back on Earth." Alex said. "Then get a hold of them and get them on the Moon. Now!" I said. While Alex was communicating with Gold and Hades, I'm looking over all the data that Eris has given us so far. The Hive were still able to resurrect him. Even without the different pieces. They were just a diversion to buy them time. I gritted my teeth at the fact that I went toe to toe with a beast for no reason. "Gold and Hades are inbound. They'll meet us there." Alex said. I kept driving and flew across the surface off the moon. The ship was on auto pilot. I went to he back and summoned my sparrow as the back on the ship began to open. I reversed out of the ship and took off towards the Hellmouth in hopes of being able to get there in time. I saw Gold and Hades flying in as my ship left orbit. We all arrived at the entrance. I didn't bother talking. I just ran right in. Avoiding and dodging anything and everything. We had no time. Eventually we had to stop due to the massive presence of Hive. "Parrish, what the hell is going on." Hades said. I took a breath to calm myself. "Everything we've done so far, none of that has mattered in the least. It was a distraction for the Hive to prepare to wake Crota." I said. I began to shoot and make my way through the Hellmouth.
          "Then what are we waiting for?" Gold asked. He jumped up and threw a Novabomb to clear our path and soon we made it deeper into Hive territory. I began to look around the path we were taking and soon it became too dark to see. "Alex. Shine us a light." I said. He soon made it a bit easier to traverse and soon we began to hear singing. "What is that...?" Hades asked. I looked around and soon we all entered a chamber. It was well lit. Enough for us to see. A small bridge connecting to the center of the room. The center platform surrounded by water and rocks. A green crystal in the center and three Wizards floating around it. "Like hell im gonna let this happen." I said. I charged up some energy and tried to throw a Novabomb but I activated my Sunsinger's Radiance. "Damn. Guess I'm still rusty but it'll do." I said. I ran into the fight throwing fire grenades and beating the Wizards down. Once they were gone, I saw the crystal begin to rise up from the ground. The face of Crota inside of it. "Destroy him!" Eris shouted through the coms. I stood my ground with everyone and began firing away at the crystal. It began to crack and glow bright green and soon it began to retaliate. The crystal build up energy and fired at us.
          "Get behind me." Hades said. He stood in front of us and made a bubble of void energy appear around us. It easily blocked the attack. "Keep shooting. It's breaking apart." He said. Me and Gold kept firing away and soon the crystal broke apart. We all watched as it spun rapidly and finally broke apart in a burst of light. I began to celebrate with everyone but soon Eris spoke. "Stop...stop now Guardian." She said. "What do you mean Eris. We won. Crota isn't gonna come back anytime soon." I said. "You may have destroyed his soul here on the Moon...but there is still more to be done...." She said. We all looked at eachother. "Eris. Explain." Hades said. "I think I can." Gold said as he came into the conversation. I looked over at him. "What's next Gold?" I asked. He stepped back into the center of the room and looked at where the crystal was. "I knew it...his soul escaped still but it's weakened. He's back in his dimension." Gold said. I walked over to him and I could see the last trace of Crota's energy going into the ground. "Damn..." I said to myself.
          "What now...?" Hades asked. I looked over at him. "We go after him and finish him off before he has a chance to heal." I said. "How do we do that?" Gold asked. "You must dive into the pit....just as I did...build a team and defend into the Hellmouth. Destroy Crota in his own temple." Eris said. "Alright Eris. Grab what you need guys. Tonight, we kill a Hive god." I said. Gold and Hades nodded and we all went our separate ways. Gold and Hades went back to earth and I went to the Reef to talk with Mara. She was waiting for me. I came back and brushed off all the dust from the Moon. She hugged me. "Thank god you're ok. I'm guessing you did it." She said. She looked up at me and I took off my helmet. Shaking my head. "It's not over yet." I said to her. "What do you mean? I thought you had to kill Crota."
          "No. His soul still escaped. But instead of being here, it's back in his own dimension. He's healing. So me and a team are going to finish him off." I said. Her facial expression showed worry. I placed my hand on her cheek and she moved closer to me. "I'll be back. Promise." I said. She smiled and kissed me. "Ok...I'll be waiting for you." She said. I smiled and left back for the Tower. The sun was gone and the moon was up. I walked over to Eris. "This is it." I said to her. She smiled. "Thank you Guardian. You have brought me peace in this troubling time. I have no doubt that you won't secure that peace." She said. She gave Alex the coordinates for the entry point to Crota's realm. Alex and I went down to the burger truck to grab a quick bite to eat. Soon everyone was there. "So. We doing this or what?" Ox said. "Yeah. I'm bored." Royal added. I laughed and looked over at Liam who was quiet. "Come on. Have a bite Liam." I said to him. He shrugged and sat. Eating some food that was left for him and everyone else. "So. Is there a specific plan?" He asked me. "Nope. Just a jump." I said. Everyone sat and I looked up at the moon.
          "Crota...your days are coming to an end."