Expansion 1: Chapter 1

"We have found new ways to weaponize curiosity. Pathways into the Darkness." (Grimoire: The Warlock)

"It's been three months, two weeks, five days, 15 hours, 30 minutes and 29 seconds since you've destroyed the heart of the Black Garden." Alex said. I smiled as I finished brushing my teeth and fixing my hair. "I'm surprised how you're still counting after all this time." I said as I looked at him. He floated over and scooped up my jacked and tried to fly over to me blind and ended up hitting the door. "Nice try Alex but thanks." I said as I took it from him. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror. "So. What's the plan?" Alex asked me. "Well. My plan today is to enjoy myself. I've been doing tasks for the Tower for the longest time now and I think it's time for some freedom. Have a little 'me' time." I said. Alex floated next to me as we walked out of my room. I left the Tower with my MIDA on my back. You never know when you are ever gonna need it. I continued through the city and went to my usual food truck and got food. While finding my seat, I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket and began to call Mara. "Guardian?" She answered. "Hello My Queen." I replied.
"Parrish. It's good to hear you. How are things going?"
"Good I suppose. I've recovered fully and relaxed from our trip into the Black Garden and The Vault of Glass. You?"
"Oh just the usual. Queen like duties."
"You busy today? I may stop by and see you if you don't have any plans."
"Sorry but I do. I have a few things to address with the Fallen houses along with my royal guard. I won't have time today." She said. I sighed and sat back in my seat. I expected her to be busy but I was still a bit hopeful. "It's alright. I'll be fine today." I said to her. "Alright then. Talk to you soon, ok?"
"Talk to you soon."
I hung up on the call and continued to eat. Throughout the voices of the booming city I heard some people talking. They spoke about a woman in the Tower who seemed a bit off. Crazy if you will. I finished my food and made my way to the Tower. I looked around the main area and soon saw a crowd of people to the left of me. "That's odd..." I said to myself. I walked over to see what all the fuss was about and soon I saw a lady. She was pale. Wore what seemed to be armor resembling an old samurai's armor and a blindfold. But there were three green glowing eyes. The thought of the Hive soon came to mind. I stepped into the crowd of people and stood in the front. My right hand holding my gun as it rested on my back. Upon closer examination, I saw that she was crying what seemed like black tears. She held a stone that was sealed inside a green orb of energy and flames. They weren't huge but they were noticeable. "You...you're not human." I said to her. She looked at me and laughed. Everyone began to be creeped out but I stood my ground. "Human...is that what you call it? I call it corrupted...an empty shell, filled with darkness." She said in her weary tone. "You've got about ten second to explain yourself. Otherwise I'll--"
"You'll what? There isn't anything you can do that won't surprise me. I welcome death...this planet will too...you all will fall before Crota." She said. Everyone began to whisper among themselves and I stood and looked at her. "Crota?" I questioned. She turned away from me and faced out towards the city. Everyone that was in the crowd left and soon I walked away. I heard her whisper something. "He will destroy us all...." I stood and heard the words echo into my head and then I walked away from her. Everyone was creeped out but I was more curious than anything else. I decided to call Gold and see if he knew anything about this lady. "Gold speaking. What's up?" He answered. "Hey Gold. I have a question for you."
"Sure. Go for it."
"Do you know about the weird Hive looking lady in the Tower?"
"Yeah. Apparently she's been missing for a while. She's a Guardian like us believe it or not."
"Guardians don't look like Hive Gold. You know this better than I do. Why is she at the Tower? Let alone here on Earth?"
"I dunno. Cayde probably has more info on this than I do. Just go to the Vanguard and ask them. Let me know if you find out anything interesting, ok?"
"Fine. Talk to you later." I said as I hung up. I made my way to the Vanguard quarters and tapped on Cayde's shoulder. "Hey Cayde. Got a minute?" I asked. He turned and saw me standing there. "Oh hey there Guardian. What brings you?" He said with a smile. "I wanted to ask you about someone. I need info." I said. He looked around and pulled me to the side. There was a small statue at the opposite end of the room and that's where we stood to talk. "So. Who do you need dirt on kid? Zavala? Ikora? Shaxx?" He asked. I laughed slightly. "No. Who's that lady that's outside at the edge of the Tower? Her ship is parked there and she's just standing around. Mumbling things." I said. He laughed slightly. "What did she look like?"
"Well. She's about as tall as you, wearing old armor or whatever you wanna call it, green-ish skin tone, three eyes covered by a blindfold and black stuff running down her cheeks. Ringing any bells?" I asked. He stood and soon his mechanical face turned into a worried look. "What does that face mean?" I asked. He walked away and made his way to the main area of the Tower. I followed him and soon he stood nearby the lady. "Cayde...you're still around..." she said to him. "Eris? Is that...really you?" He questioned. "Wait, you know her?" I asked Cayde. He nodded. "Eris. What are you doing out here? I thought...we thought you were dead." He said to her. "I had fallen into the darkest pit...I was supposed to die but...light had other plans for me. I must speak with the rest of the Vanguard. This is a matter that must not go unspoken!" She demanded. I was weirded out by now with her riddles and choice of speech. It was a bit unsettling to say the least. "Settle down Eris. I'll go and speak with everyone. Parrish will stay with you until I get back." Cayde said. He walked away and I stood there with Eris. "Guardian...you do believe...don't you?" She asked me. I looked at her. "Believe in what? The darkness?" I asked. "Yes...do you believe that there is a dark entity out there that can destroy us?"
"Yes. I've seen it myself and destroyed it."
"No Guardian...this is far worse...Crota is here...and he will stop at nothing to achieve his goal of destruction and despair. He will consume all light until there is nothing left but an empty void..."
I looked at her for a moment. I began to really listen to her words. "Crota...I've heard that name before from Rahool. He spoke of the Hive king or god from the information that I received from the Worlds Grave back on the Moon. You don't mean he's here, do you?" I asked. She looked down at her stone that floated between her hands and spoke. "This planet has yet to see anything like this...no one can be prepared for something like this...no one...Guardian. Can you help me?" She asked. I looked around to see of Cayde was coming back but there was no sign of him. "...ok. I'll help. But if this is a joke--"
"This is no joke. This is reality. I will keep in touch with you Guardian." She said. I agreed and Alex got her info just in case she were to contact me. Cayde never really showed up again so I left and went back to my room. "Well...this is interesting. Alex, do you still have any of the data from the Worlds Grave?" I asked. "Yes I do. I'm currently searching anything on Crota." He said. I sat down on my bed and began to remember anything that I might have had any association with in terms of all that's happened. Anything involving the Moon or Hive I tried to recall. The Sword of Crota came to mind a few times. "Got it. Apparently Crota is the son of Oryx. The leader of his own Hive class and army within the depths of the Moon. He seeks to come to Earth to destroy it and the Traveler. If what Eris says is true...then we could be dealing with a Hive invasion..." Alex said. I looked at him and soon called for Gold. As I started the conversation I walked back from my room to the main area of the Tower to confront Eris. "Gold, I need you to meet me at my room in three minutes. We have a situation." I said. "What is it?"
"We may have another force of the darkness to destroy. Suit up so we can investigate."
"Alright. Fill me in on anything you find out so I'm not left in the dark, ok?"
"Alright." I hung up and went back to Eris. "You have returned Guardian..." she said. I sighed. "Where do we start?" I asked. She walked towards me and held her hand out. I looked at her hand and looked back at her. "Take my hand Guardian..." She said to me. I hesitated but did so and she began to speak in a weary tone. An unknown language and her voice began to echo. Suddenly her grip tightened and I began to see into her mind. Her screams, the Hive Army, and even Crota himself. I yanked away and fell down. "Wh....what did you just make me see....?" I questioned. "That...was Crota and his army..." Eris replied. I stood up and looked at her. Catching my breath as well as dusting myself off. "Look, I don't know what you did but if this is true--"
I was cut off by the sound of ships entering Earths atmosphere. The Tower sounded alarms and soon I saw Hive Tombships. "Oh no..." I said. I ran off to my room as the ships made their way past the Tower and the Traveler. "Parrish, something isn't right. They aren't attacking us at all. They're heading to Old Russia." Alex said. I ran into my room and quickly suited up for battle. I picked up my Obsidian Mind that I got from Mara and put it on. Soon I heard Eris. "Guardian...I need you...you must go to the Cosmodrome. There is a target and a key player in the resurrection of their king." She said. "Will do. Just tell me where to go." I said as I grabbed my weapons. I ran to the shipyard and got into my old ride. I've been flying this thing ever since I was brought back to life and it's still as sturdy as ever. I hopped in and took off after the Hive. "Eris. What am I gonna be dealing with here?" I asked. "In order to understand you must experience it first hand. But I will tell you this Guardian. There were six of us. We all went down into the pit of the moon; seeking vengeance for those who had fallen to the Hive. But they found us first. Crota, the Son of Oryx. My team...we'd never faced anything like him. In the end, only I survived. Crota and his armies destroyed our Moon. If we don't stop this, I fear that Earth will share the same fate." She said. "Ok. Threat of a massive Hive invasion, check. Evil Hive god, check. And then there's me." I said.
"I'm sure you can do this." Alex said. "Thanks for the moral support." I replied.