Chapter 44: Almost

It has been one week since that night at Myeondong when Chanyeol confessed his feelings for you. It has been also a week that you had been avoiding him in school. You never talked to him, you were not yet ready to face him and you guessed he might have felt the same. After his confession, you were thinking that he was definitely mad at you for rejecting him.

You would always excuse yourself not to join the guys for lunch. You couldn't stand seeing Chanyeol because you felt guilt everytime you see him. Being his seatmate was already a torture for you, it was even hard to look at him during class hours.

And there was one person who knew what's going on, it was Baekhyun. After that night, Chanyeol came over to Baekhyun's house and told him everything. He felt sad for his best buddy. He knew all along how Chanyeol's feelings for you were even he didn't know before that it was you. He couldn't even blame you for rejecting Chanyeol's love, Baekhyun also treats you as his friend. It was hard for him to be also torn in between the situation. He guessed that time would heal the wound to each of you and he was still hoping that both of you would be friends again.

Suho also noticed that you had been avoiding Chanyeol. He also observed that during lunchbreaks, you were not joining them while Chanyeol was always silent despite their joyous chatters in their table. He knew there was something wrong going on with the two of you. He was not used to it because you and Chanyeol seemed to be inseparable.

It was dismissal time. He was walking on his way to the parking lot when he saw a familiar figure, sitting alone at one of the benches under the old and huge oak tree. He silently sat beside you and you were surprised to see him.

"Do you have a problem? You know I'm always here ready to listen." Suho said as he gave a comforting smile.

You looked at his eyes and you don't know why but it gaves you this strange feeling, the same feeling when you were dancing with him before at the gazebo. You averted your eyes and looked down. It would be embarrassing seeing your face starting to turn into crimson. For a while, your thoughts were shifted on him from Chanyeol.

"I'm okay Suho. Thank you for asking but I'm really okay." You replied.

He knew you were lying but he couldn't pushed you to spill out maybe you were not yet ready. He reached out your hand at your lap and squeezed it gently which made you looked at him again.

"Min Na, I'm not used on seeing you sad like this. But if you are ready to tell me what's really bothering you, just always remember that I am here." Suho assured.

You smiled. "Thank you." You replied then he shoved some strands of you hair at the back of your ear as he held your chin. You were frozen as your eyes met.

"Finally you smiled." He said.

"MIN NA!!!" Someone shouted as you immediately pulled away from Suho.

Kai was approaching you and his eyes landed immediately on you. Then he saw Suho who was still holding your hand. He intently stared at it. He was jealous.

He grabbed your other hand. "Let's go!" He ordered.

You and Suho were confused on what he was doing as both of you exchanged looks.

Kai bowed his head at Suho. "We are leaving now hyung." He said and you were shocked with his words.

"Leaving?" You blurted and the next thing you know he dragged you along with him, Suho let go of your hand as he watched you and Kai walked away, leaving him speechless.

Kai was holding firmly your hand, the expression on his face was hard to read but right now you were mad on what he had done.

You halted. He also did.