Chapter 6 - Nightmare

"I am L." The men started to mumble their names. L lifted his arm and made a gun shape with his hand. "Bang!" he exclaimed. It was strange to hear his voice slightly raised. L lead the men to where I was sitting. I stood up and bowed towards them, they did the same. "This is Katori Yumi, she is assisting me with this case."

"I'm Matsuda," one of the men chuckled nervously with his hand behind his head.

"Matsuda, enough." The older man cursed.

"Sorry chief."

"Katori, this is the task force I have assigned to help us with the Kira case," L stated in his usual monotone voice. 

They all proceeded to sit down and I listened in to the conversation for a while before spacing out. I had just discussed all this information with L before hand. "You will call me Ryuzaki here, not L." They all grunted in agreement. I looked out at the beautiful neon city and the stars. My eyes grew heavier and heavier. I resisted the urge to fall asleep but failed. I drifted off into blackness.

-------

(Dream)

"Hey (Y/N)."  It was Light. 

"Hey," I said nervously. Why was I nervous, was it because I suspected him of being Kira. I'm not sure. He pushed me gently to the back wall and cupped my face with his hand. I felt uncomfortable, like a mealworm in a sandwich that was about to be devoured by a desperate hungry human. 

"Aww, look, she is nervous." He ran a cold dry finger around the outline of my face. I cowered back, only to hit my head on the wall behind me. He leant his head closer to mine. Our noses touched. I turned my head to the side, he moved closer and whispered into my ear. 

"Will you be the goddess of the new world?"

"Light, what do you mean." I whimpered. I heard snickering from a distance, it was the bullies, except they were covered in blood. I let out a cry but it was drowned out by the laughing and Light continued to whisper in my ear. 

"I am Kira. The god of the new world." I let out a loud cry and hot tears streamed down my face. 

"No, Light. You can't Kira, I can't think that you would be Kira."

"Oh, my dear (Y/N). But I am Kira. Only you can join me and become the Goddess of the new world." He smirked, I swear that I could see a tint of red in his eyes. 

"I DON'T WANT TO!" I screamed trying to push him away but he was stronger. 

"But if you don't my goddess, I'll leave you to the wolves." He then grabbed my chin and turned it to look over his shoulder. The bullies had turned into a pack of hungry wolves with blood dripping from their mouths. My surroundings became dark and all I could feel was my back sliding down the wall. I looked at Light as he walked back a few steps and shouted.

"Go for her", he commanded. 

The wolves came running towards me, I was paralysed and couldn't move. I tried screaming but no sound came out. They hissed, the wolves jumped at me, but I felt nothing. No pain. Arms encircled me and the room lit up. I slid open my eyes and looked at the pale face in front of me. It was L, I burst out into tears. 

"Don't be scared, I am here now." His low voice was soothing, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

(Dream End)

------------

I woke up sobbing. L was sitting beside me on the couch, poking at my cheek. "Are you ok, you seem distressed. I can call your parents if you want."

"No, it's ok. I just had a bad dream."

"What was it about," he said in his deep monotone voice while brushing a tear away from my cheek. 

"I-It's not important," I said wiping my tears away. He stood up in his slouched posture. 

"Tell me when you are ready." He outstretched a hand for me to take. I took it and tried to pull myself up, but did not have the energy. I collapsed back onto the couch. I tried again, this time L pulling me up. He was surprisingly strong. He circled his arms around my back for support, then decided to pick me up bridal style. I instantly fell asleep in his arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I just watched the Corpse Bride for the first time and OMG, emotional trauma. =). I'm gonna make chapter 7 right now.