Little one - Bonus 4

It was happening again. Today's breakfast stirred unhappily in my stomach threatening to leave the queasy enclosure. I leaned against the front door as I waited for Lawliet to go to work. The dark eyed panda had insisted that I stay home today because of my sickness. I hadn't been around anyone, so it couldn't be just a cold. Maybe something I ate? It had been on and off like this for a few weeks now. Today I had an appointment with the doctor so I guess I'd find out then. The raven-haired man trudged past me. Sliding his arms around my waist he embraced me in a long hug then kissed my forehead.

"Get some rest and go to the doctor. I need you back at work." He turned to go to the car.

"Is it because you miss me?" I teased. He grumbled in response.

"Yes." He muttered. I waved him off then returned inside.

---

I sat anxiously in the waiting room, there was something about it that made me feel worse.

"(Y/N) (L/N)?" My name was called. L and I had decided that in public I should use my last name for pretty obvious reasons. But at home it was Lawliet. The doctor sat me down in a chair opposite his desk. "So, what's the matter?"

"Well basically over the past few weeks I've been feeling really queasy and even vomiting, I'm not sure what it is but not even medication is making it go away."

"Let me ask, are you sexually active?"

"Am I...Well, um, yes." I stumbled over the awkward question.

"Is there any chance that you could be pregnant?" I froze at the question; my heart beat faster and faster.

"I-I-I don't k-know?" He took off the thin framed glasses he was wearing and placed them neatly on the desk.

"How about you go to the chemist and pick up a pregnancy test. If its negative come see me again and we can figure something out. Is that okay?"

"Yeah." I respond still bewildered at the possibility of being pregnant. I quickly make my way to the chemist next door and buy three of the sticks of fate. Thoughts rush through my head as I drive on the motorway. What happens if I am? Would he be happy? Would I be happy? Argh!

---

I pace back and forth anxiously waiting for the tests to finish. I check the time again, not long to go now. I couldn't bear to even look at the sticks. I was so terrified that I was shaking. "One line means positive, two means negative." I repeated over and over to myself.

Time was up.

I stop and peer over at them.

Blood pumps through my veins as my eyes go wide.

One.

One line.

I'm pregnant.

Was I happy? Oh yes, I was! I scream and laugh to myself then break down onto the floor and start crying out of joy. A little while ago we had talked briefly about children but dismissed the idea. But I knew we both wanted them. Well...now we did. I can't wait to tell him! We're going to be a proper family. Imagine little L's running around. I smile even more.

---

Later that evening after I had prepared dinner (which we take in turn by the way because we both work) he had returned. You ate together almost spilling the news but not knowing when the time was right.

---

He pinned me down on the mattress leaving a trail of kisses on me neck and collar bone. He starts to slide his hands up my shirt when I suddenly stop him. Now was right.

"(Y/N)?" He questions his dark eyes staring into mine.

"I need to tell you something." He sits up still straddling my waist and cocks his head to the side. I take a deep breath in, the deepest I ever had and exhale shakily. "I'm...I'm..." I trail off. Just get it over and done with already. "I'm pregnant." I burst out. Butterflies fill my stomach as I await his response. He sits there and stares blankly at me. I know his mind is rushing through thoughts trying to process the news I just told him. But then a big smile erupts onto his face. He leans down and presses his lips to mine. Locking them for what seems forever. He then moves down and kisses my bare stomach then hugs me.

He is happy.

And so am I.

---

THERE WILL BE MORE TO THIS I PROMISE!

Thank you so much to everyone who has read this. You guys are amazing and special and I cherish all of you precious things.