Chapter 16 - Fluff

Hey guys. 158 READS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. As promised I wrote an L x Reader fluff chapter. I hope you enjoy. If we make it to 200 I will write another special chapter. Author-chan =)

-------------------------------------

The sun had just set and the city's light's started to glow. I had not realised that almost everyone had left. "Goodnight Katori." Light said kissing my hand.

"Goodnight Light." He walked out the door, I sighed and leant back in my chair. "L, I'm going to bed. I'm tired." I was about to leave to my room when a hand grabbed my shoulder.

"Wait." I turned around. "Do you want to make a cake with me. We are out and all the stores are closed." I smiled at him.

"Sure. C'mon." I grabbed his hand and lead him to the kitchen. "What's your favourite cake?"

"Well." He placed his thumb on his bottom lip, he was in deep thought. "I guess that I really like strawberry shortcake."

"Great, we will make that. Do you have a recipe book?" He shrugged. I began looking through countless cupboards and drawers. "This is the last one." I said pointing to a cupboard up high, way out of my reach. I attempted to reach the handle by jumping but yet again, it was too high.

"Let me." I stepped aside to let L through but then was suddenly picked up.

"What are you doing. L put me down," I giggled. He was surprisingly strong.

"Do you want the recipe book or not." I smiled at him. I could finally reach the cupboard. I opened it to find a pile of stacked books.

"Ah here it is." I said pulling out the book labelled cakes. He swang me down off his shoulders and into a hug. As I got the things needed out he pulled a chair into the room and sat in his crouched position, watching me. I started to pour the ingredients into the bowl. "Are you going to help me or are you just going to stare at me."

"I think I might just stare." He placed his thumb against his bottom lip, watching my every move. I simply laughed at this and continued to make the cake. Once I had put the cake in the oven I took a seat on the counter. L stood up and walked over to me. He dipped his finger in the sugar container and tapped my nose. The sugar fell onto my nose.

"Hey, what was that for?" He leant in and kissed my nose.

"Sweet," he smiled. Oh how his smile was so adorable, it made me smile back. I ran a hand through his black hair. Surprisingly, it was really soft.

"How often do you wash your hair?"

"Once every six months. Watari attends to my needs." He then picked me up off the counter and sat down on the floor in front of the big window. I sat in-between his legs and his arms were wrapped around my waste. He rested his head on my shoulder and we started out the window together, looking at the city's neon lights and the faint stars. It was breath taking, I sighed.

"L?"

"Yes (Y/N)."

"I love you."

"I love you too (Y/N)." He nuzzled his nose into my cheek and gave it a gentle kiss. We sat there in silence, not awkward, but comfortable silence.

"Light asked me to be his girlfriend." L stiffened.

"What did you say?"

"I said yes, the help the investigation."

"Good choice. He might reveal some valuable information."

"L, I will never love him like I love you. I never will, I want you to know that."

"I know (Y/N). I trust you. By the way, your chances of being Kira have dropped to 0%."

"Yay," I squealed. I leant back and fell on top of him. He laughed, wheezing for breath. We lay there laughing for god knows how long. The oven beeped. I went to get up to take out the cake but L pulled me back. Our noses were touching, he leant forward and pressed his lips against mine. He pulled away.

"Now, we better get that cake out," He smirked. I got up and went to the oven to get the cake out, it smelt so nice. I got the icing and decorations out, as I was mixing the icing arms wrapped around my waist and I felt something kiss my cheek. From behind me L started to help me ice the cake, guiding my hands. He then chopped up some strawberries, this was all happening with his body pressed up against mine. His body radiated heat, like a warm marshmallow. He smiled and fed me a strawberry, its sweet flavour filled my senses. I cut the cake up and fed a large piece to L. He smiled dumbly.

"Oh wow, this is the best cake ever," I said stuffing my face full of it. L nodded in agreement. I looked up at the clock, it read 12am. I yawned stretching out my arms. "It's late. I need my energy for tomorrow." L stood up at the same time as me and walked me to my bedroom. I slipped in between the covers and closed my eyes. I felt the covers lift and L climbed into bed with me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and caressed my face. "I thought that you were an insomniac?"

"Yes, but I haven't slept in 72 hours. I might get lucky tonight." I sighed and closed my eyes, dreaming about all the good things that had happened between L and I.