Chapter 12 - The Plan

"I think there is a 100% chance that I like you (Y/N)." L mumbled through the kiss. It lasted for ages, I didn't want to let go. After a while we pulled away from each other. He smiled sweetly and stood up straight, holding my hands. "(Y/N)?".

"Yes?"

"D-do you t-think it would be acceptable if y-you were to be my-my..." He trailed off, I had never seen L be so nervous, yet show this much emotion. He breathed deeply in, his dark eyes sparkling. "Be my g-girlfriend?". My jaw dropped, I had to mentally pick it back up again. Tears started to form in my eyes. I was so happy, L, the greatest detective in the world wanted me to be his girlfriend. This is what I have always wanted. All my thoughts of Light exited my head, this was my moment. "Why are you crying." His monotone voice echoed through my ears. I stood up and hugged him. I didn't realise how tall he actually was. After the shock wore off him he slowly wrapped his arms around me. We stood there for what seemed eternity.

"Yes." I sobbed into his shirt, he smelled so sweet, strawberries.

"I'm sorry if I mess things up. I've never been in a situation like this before. Distancing myself from other humans helps greatly with my work."

"Shut up, you will do fine." I continued to hug him and closed my eyes. He stroked my hair gently before ending the hug. He walked in his slouched position over to my desk chair and sat down in his "famous" crouch. He then placed his hands on top of his knees, it looked so adorable.

"I need you to do something for me. It will be very valuable towards the case."

"Anything." I said determined.

"I need you to get close to Light."

"That shouldn't be that hard."

"Yes, but I don't want you to get hurt." He looked down into his lap. I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Trust me, I won't get hurt. Light wants me, but I don't want him..." I trailed off into science.

"You have me." L looked into my eyes, it made me smile.

"Yes, I do. I think Light wants me to be his girlfriend."

"Oh, I suspected that. If that what it takes to solve this case I want, you to act like his girlfriend."

"But what about you?" I whispered.

"Don't worry, we will still be together. Just not in front of Light, for obvious reasons. I will make sure to tell the task force in this plan, excluding Light." I nodded. "Now, go to bed, get some rest. It is late." He kissed me on the forehead and exited the room, closing the door behind him.

-------------------------

This chapter is a bit shorter than usual. Thanks so much for the 88 reads. Enjoy =)