Chapter 74 - The Beginning of the End Part 2

"Tell me what happened." He whispers gently into my ear. I continue to stare out into the glowing city.

"You know what happened." I whisper back. He tightens his arms around my waist lovingly. He opens his mouth to speak but closes it again. Our minds syncing, Light.

"Did he do this to you?" I shake my head in response.

"I dropped a glass and fell."

"But Light was there?"

"W-well yes." My hair blows gently in the cool night breeze, calming me. He gently slides an arm under my knees and picks me up. The wind makes my wounds sting even more. He takes me back inside, my legs swaying gently. We enter the bathroom and I catch a glimpse of myself, my face is blood stained and cuts weave their way around every inch of my face. My arms and legs still drip blood but had slowed. He places me carefully into the bathtub turns the water on. Warm water rushes across the sides of the slippery white material and soaks the bottom of my bloody night gown. He reaches down and lifts the now red material off me, exposing my body. The water bit at every cut and the water turns a deep shade of red. He turns off the tap and reaches over for the soap. Gently, L lifts up my arm and is about to place the soap on my skin but stops.

"This is going to hurt." The soap makes contact and I grit my teeth and shut my eyes tightly and wince in the immense pain that the soap has caused. I breathe shakily out through my mouth. He works his way down my arm and to my hand. He turns it over in his palm and looks at one of the still bleeding cuts. His eyes emotionless from the outside but burning in the inside. I move my other hand gently to the hem of his shirt and lift it up. I roll the blood-stained fabric up in a ball and toss it in the sink.

"The blood won't come out is you don't wash it now."

"I have many more but only one of you." My heart skips a beat at his words and a small shy smile creeps across my face. I feel my cheeks become warmer than the water as I look down at his slim, pale chest. He takes the crippled hand once again and pushes the soap gently across it.

"Agh!" I whimper out in pain. He looks back up at me, his raven hair falling perfectly across his face.

"This one is going to need stitches."

"I-I don't have to go back to the hospital do I?"

"No, but only if you trust me."

"I trust you Lawliet!" I rush out then realise how loud I said it. "I-I mean I trust you. Why wouldn't I, after all we've been through." I lower my voice to a normal level.

"I was teasing you." He says in his monotonous voice.

"O-Oh." He stops what he is doing and looks at me again.

"I hope that it didn't hurt your feelings (Y/N)."

"No, not at all. I just wasn't used to you joking around like that." He shrugs and continues to work on all the other minor cuts. Another thirty minutes passes and he finally rinses the soap off and pulls the plug to the bath. He grabs my now clean arms and pulls me up.

"Much better." He says sweetly. He pauses and looks down at my naked body which causes me to blush furiously, but not like it is the first time he had seen me naked. He takes a towel off the rack and wraps it around me with care.

"T-Thanks." I step out and look at my reflection once more. All the cuts are clean and some are already starting to heal. He slides his arms around my bare shoulders which causes his skin to stick to mine. I continue to stare into the mirror. I see two familiar people staring back at me, our own reflections. My mind quickly slips into dark thoughts. Was all of this pain worth it just for him. No, what the hell am I thinking! He is worth the universe and all the stars and planets in it! I will marry him! A determined smile slips across my face. This is where I want to be, in his arms. I don't care what people think of us, especially Light Yagami. Justice will prevail. He tightens his arms around me and smiles back into the mirror. All I see now is a happy couple with scars showing old memories, and that reflection is us.

"Go find a seat, I'll get the medical equipment." I walk into my living room and take a seat on one of the couches that looks out into the neon city of Tokyo. Within seconds of sitting down he walks back out with a first aid box. L then crouches down on the seat opposite me and reaches into the box. He lays on the table some alcohol wipes, local anesthetic, needle, surgical thread and a bandage. "You ready?"

"Yeah." He picks up my hand and disinfects it with the wipes which are cold and sting. Then he picks up the needle. "So this stuff is just lying around in a box. I think when you retire you should turn this place into a hospital." I laugh jokingly. The needle pricks into my skin which stings a lot but it numbs after a while. As he weaves the needle and thread in and out I start talking again. "So, you've never done this before."

"No. But I'm a fast learner."

"Clearly." I mutter. He cuts the string and wraps the bandage tightly over it. I smile at him and lean over and plant a quick kiss on his lips. "Thank you so much!" I hug him tightly. "You're the best fiancé ever!" I tell him happily.

"You should be getting to bed. You have work tomorrow." He stands up and I jump into his bare arms, my legs hooking around his back. He takes me into my bedroom and falls on top of me into the bed.

"But what happens if I want a late night?!" I smirk at him.

"Well then..." He says in his monotone voice. I slink my arms around his exposed back pull him into a kiss. I feel the towel fall away.

------

Hey guys, it's up to you what happened after that. I'm not gonna write it that's for sure.