Chapter 25 - 2nd Kira

Thank you guys so much. 500 views!!!! Half-way to 1K. I really hope you are enjoying my story. Don't worry I'll write a really fluffy chapter soon. I just have to get past this stuff first. Author-chan =)

-------------------------------

I woke up on the couch, L was gone. I sat up and saw him and the Task Force working. "You know you should wake me up if I sleep in."

"I was going to but you looked cute."

"I-I was going to wake you up Katori but Ryuzaki didn't let me." Matsuda said with his hand scratching the back of his head.

"Well this case is important ok? More important than how I look." I stretched and threw a pillow at L. "That's for not waking me up." I stood up and took a seat at a computer next to L, still in his clothes. "Ok, what have I missed, do we have any new leads?"

"Yes in fact we do." He turned around to face me. "I want you to watch these videos and tell me what you think." I nodded and put on the tapes, they were messages from Kira.

"I can't believe you didn't wake me up." I shouted. "This is critical information, what the hell is wrong with you. This is important evidence." I paused and looked around the room. "Wait, where is Light and Ukita."

"Light is at university, U-Ukita was." Matsuda trailed off.

"What, what happened."

"Ukita was killed by Kira last night." I opened my mouth and closed it again. I didn't know Ukita well but he was one of us.

"Kira." I muttered under my breath. I straightened my posture and looked back at the screen. I need to solve this case, we all suspected Light as Kira, but I knew it was him. Something was off about this video. I know Light too well; he wouldn't be stupid enough to do this. "There's a second Kira."

"Good, that's what I think as well." L placed a hand on my shoulder. "Here, have a lollypop." I unwrapped it and stuck it in my mouth. It was strawberry flavoured. He dropped a green macaroon into his mouth and stuck is hands into his pockets, walking off in a slouched position.

"Kira can only kill with a face and a name. May I ask if Light was here last night?"

"Yes, he was. He saw Ukita's death and seemed as surprised as all of us."

"I know how Light kills, unfortunately I can't get my hands on the evidence. Was Light holding a notebook at any time last night."

"No, not at all. We were watching him the whole time." I sighed, it could not have been Light, I see no reason for him to kill a task force member.

"To me it seems that the 2nd Kira wants to meet the original. Which means he or she will be coming into contact with Light. Get forensics to go over the tape and see what they find." I bagged the tapes and handed them to Mogi.

"Right away." Mogi then left the room.

(Night time)

I slid under the covers of my bed and sighed. Today had been a long day, more complicated than usual. Ukita had died and now there is a 2nd Kira. This would sure make our work load heavier. The door creaked open, L poked his head in. "Good night (Y/N)." He went to close the door.

"Wait." He opened the door and stepped inside.

"What is it?"

"C-can you stay the night." He looked confused and walked over to me. "It's just I feel a bit unsettled."

"Anything for you." I smiled at him and he sat down next to me in his crouched position.

"Don't you ever sit like a normal person?"

"I don't sit like this because I want to, I sit like this because I have to. If I don't it lowers my deductive skills by roughly 40%."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say."

"I'm serious." I laughed at him.

"I know you are, I'm just teasing." He moved my hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead.

"Now sleep. You need rest." I closed my eyes and drifted off into blackness.