Chapter 60 - Changed

"I'll give you this lollypop if you don't panic." L said extending his arm out to me. The plane shook extremely lightly but to me it felt like an earthquake. I stared at him then covered my eyes, rocking back in forth I cried.

"The lollypop is not worth it. Stop bribing me Lawliet." He shrugged and stuck it in his mouth. I leaned my head on his shoulder and looked out the window. "I think I could get used to this."

"What part."

"Everything." I sighed. He gave me an adorable smile and kissed my forehead. "Do you want a family one day?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Do you mean children?" I nodded. "W-Well I've never really thought about it before. But s-sure I guess I wouldn't mind so much. Being a father kind of sounds appealing."

"That's good."

"W-What, are you trying to say that you are pregnant." His insomniac eyes were wide with panic. I laughed at him.

"No, no, no. You worry too much."

"That's a relief. I don't think I'm quite ready to be a father just yet." He started to bight his nails. The plane started to gently shake again.

"Nope, nope, nope. I'm definitely never ever going to get used to flying. After five hours of my complaining he had given up trying to calm me down. He had had enough and stuffed a pill into my mouth which made me instantly fall asleep. I regained consciousness finally. I shot straight up and looked around. I was in the secret room at headquarters. L was crouched on the chair opposite me.

"It made for a very awkward conversation when security asked why I was carrying an unconscious person around."

"Oh." I looked down and sat upright. "S-Sorry. How long have I been out for?"

"Twelve hours and thirty-two minuets."

"Crap, we need to get to work."

"No." I looked at him strangely. "You need to go see Light and the others." He said as he walked over to me. "I will deal with the threat and keep you informed." I nodded and stood up. "Here, take this." He handed me a small pocket knife.

"W-Why would I need this."

"I don't trust Light and certainly don't trust him around you. I want you to be safe." I took it from him and shoved it in my pocket. I then walked over to the door but stopped. I turned my head to my beloved fiancé.

"There's one thing I don't understand. Why kill me?" He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my ear.

"Jealousy." I chuckled a little.

"No, come on. The truth. I'm guessing it's because they think that destroying what you love will make you lose all hope and give in." I pulled away and gave him a saddened smile. "No matter what happens to me I always want you to win the war." He slid his hand behind my neck and slowly pulled me into a soft tender kiss.

"I promise (Y/N)." I turned away from him and went to where the task force was but before I could enter Light stopped me.

"So (Y/N), how was the family holiday?" He said with a smirk. I glared at him and went to walk past him but Light grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me back. "Why did you lie to me?" His face was inches away from mine and I feel his breath on my neck. I stiffened up.

"Fine, you win. I went by myself. Happy now?" He considered this for a moment.

"No, why did you go to England."

"You stalker, how did you know that!"

"Oh my sweet (Y/N). Border control is a sucker when you want to be left alone." There was a smile growing across his face. I stared him in the eyes.

"Don't you need a warrant for that kind of information?!"

"I'm L, the greatest detective in the world. I don't need a warrant for anything."

"No, no one will ever replace L, especially you." His smile faded and I pulled my hand out of his grip.

"I also didn't see you come in, why was that?"

"I like to be invisible."

"What's his name (Y/N). Tell me his name."

"That's none of your concern. Anyway, he never told me and he's dead now so it doesn't matter anymore." He violently took hold of my shoulders and tried to push his lips to mine but I was faster than him. I hit his hands out of place, punched him in the stomach then came behind him and pressed the knife against the front of his neck. "It's none of your concern." I spat at him. "What happened to you Light. This isn't how I remember you."

"This isn't how I remember you either (Y/N)." He wheezed out.

"No, you're wrong. I've always been like this. You weren't always Kira. I think you'll find that you have changed."

"Yes I have changed but for a good cause." Anger boiled in my blood.

"GOOD, HOW IS KILLING OTHERS GOOD!" I shouted at him. I lowered my voice. "Tell me Light, tell me what happened to our friendship. Tell me what went wrong." I said the last part slowly.

"You won't accept your new god. Why are you afraid of power. Just think of it, you can rule the new world with me." He whispered. I released him and pushed him to the floor. At that moment Masuda came running. "Wrong answer, wrong question, Light Yagami. I thought you were smarter than that. Maybe I should have taken his place." I said still pointing the knife at him.

"I-Is this a good time or a-am I interrupting s-something?" Matsuda asked nervously.

"No, I was just finishing up." I stuffed the knife back in my pocket and walked past Matsuda. He ran after me.

"Just remind me never to mess with you." He said genuinely scared.

"No I would never hurt you Matsuda." I beamed at him. "There is only one person I would hurt, but that's not how I work." My voice turned cold. He laughed nervously and handed me some files.

"That's good to know, a-anyway this is what you missed." I accepted the file. "(Y/N), I want you to know that I'm here for you."

"Thanks Matsuda, it means a lot to me."