10|COMPLICATIONS

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

I groan as I hit the alarm botton a little too hard making it fall from my bed side table to the floor.

I reach for my phone and see that is already 5:30 in the morning, my time to get up from bed.

I walk towards the toilet as slowly as a half sleeping man could and did my morning routine.

I walked out of the toilet with my towel being held securely around my body.

Beep
Beep

I heard my phone buzz indicating that I had a message.

From: Nicholas

I'm sorry to inform you this late but I need you at the office before 7:30. The meeting we were supposed to conduct at 8:30 has now been rescheduled to 7:30 for Mr Smith (CEO of Smith and sons cooperation) will be on the flight to Argentina at 10:00 due to his Father's health.

Sh*t i cussed seeing that I have only an hour and fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.

I ran out of my room towards my children's room to wake them up.

"Wake up!! wake up"!! I said entering Adriana's bedroom.

"Morning Randa", Nathalie says coming from Adriana's bathroom with Adriana walking behind her with her pink barbie towel wrapped around her body.

"Mummy, Mummy"!! Adriana shouted running towards me and hugging my legs making me chuckle because of her enthusiastism.

"Morning to you too baby" I say carrying her to her bed.

"Morning Nath" i say while taking the lotion from the dressing table.

"I'll go wake Adrian" she says and exits the room.

"So what do you want to wear for today"? I ask her going towards her closet.

"This, This, and this" she says pointing towards a blue and white poker dot skirt and a white top with blue reebok shoes.

"Great choice" I said and helped her put it on adding a blue hair band to hold her high ponytail not forgetting her strawberry perfume and left her room.

I checked the time completely forgetting I had to get to the office earlier than other weekdays.

I walked to my walk in closet and randomly picked a grey skirt suit and a grey suit and tied my hair into a neat bun, applied mascara to my eyelashes, fixed my eyebrows and applied eyeliner to my eyes with a mac red lipstick.

7:09 it read when I unlocked my phone.

I made my way towards the kitchen and saw Nath washing dishes.

"Did they eat breakfast already"? I ask.

"Yes, and they are in the living room".

"Okay i say taking the the flask containing my coffee from the kitchen counter and went to the leaving room.

"Hi Mum" Adrian says and turn his attention back to the TV.

"Well hello to you too and off the TV we are running late".

"Okay" he said and grabbed his bag and came to join me and Adriana.

****
It was already 7:21 when I finally arrived at Harvard international school, meaning I have only nine more minutes to reach the office.