13|AGREEMENTS

This chapter is dedicated to Mariam-Manan for the wonderful comment she left on the last chapter.

Word count - 2000

I made my way towards the elevator debating if I should continue with my plan or just go home and curl in bed.

And wake up and realise that your children are now under his custody, very good randa very good.

Pressing the elevator button i stepped in taking my phone from my bag and texting Edward telling him am on my way.

Ting...

The elevator door opened and I confidently walked out well aware of the glances people were sending my way.

"You know you look like you're in a runway right?", i heard someone say making my head whip to the direction of the voice.

Wearing a dark grey armani suit stood Edward with two men wearing similar suits and a wide grin on his face.

"Haven't you heard about the saying make the world your runway", i say now facing him.

"Well, you are making good use of that quote"

"I just can't help it"

"I can see that, well guys, this is Miranda Anderson Mr knight's ex wife".

He didn't just introduce me as his ex wife.

"Ethan stafford", the one standing on Edward's left says forwarding his hand.

"Miranda Anderson, but you can call me Randa", i say shaking his hand.

"I think we've met before at the board meeting. I am Mr Smith's PA".

"Oh yes, how's he feeling", i ask generally concerned.

"He's doing great now that your ex husband signed the contract between the two companies".

Ex husband.

"It's always a good day when you meet such a beauty", the one with the black suit says.

"Adam Wilson, and it's my pleasure to meet you",  he says kissing the back of my hand.

"The pleasure is all mine", I say smiling.

"If you don't mind me asking, how come you're alive?", he asks genuinely curious.

"How come I'm alive?", i say dumbfounded.

"Yes, I once read from the tabloids that you were dead from a car crash", he says.

"It was on the newspaper's?", i asked deeply stunnud.

"The tabloids are not always right", I say.

"Well I can see that he says eyeing me from head to toe".

"I'm afraid you have to take your leave guys. I believe Randa here has some important things to discuss with her ex huband", Edward says.

B*tch, he just called he his ex again.

"Well meeting's with exes aren't pleasant, so good luck", Ethan says with a light chuckle.

"I'll need it", I say while Edward ushered me away.

"I just had to say it didn't you", I questioned Edward once we were alone.

"Say what?", he asks with amusement evident in his eyes.

"You know what",

"No, I don't"

"You just had to introduce me as his ex wife didn't you".