Chapter 11

Hadith on Visiting: The angels bless whoever supplicates for a sick or dying person.

Umm Salama reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, "When you visit a sick or dying person, then supplicate for goodness. Verily, the angels will affirm whatever you said."

Source: Sahih Muslim 919

*********************

Shifa's POV

Anaya and her family had come here for lunch. I, Anaya and Alishba went in the kitchen to make orange juice for everyone.

"We will make mango juice" I requested

"No....We will make orange juice" Anaya said

"Eww....I hate orange juice" Alishba said with a hateful look

"We will make mango juice...and that's final" I said

"No...." Anaya said filling a glass of water. I was confused because she was taking tap water.

Before I knew what was happening.... She threw the water on me. My dress got stuck to my stomach, which made me really angry that I filled another glass of water and threw it in Anaya's direction.

But.......

She moved away and the water splashed right on Hadi's face.

His face was red out of anger. "Sorry... Sorry... It was by mistake..."  I begged him.

Before, I could run away from the kitchen. I felt something cold hit my back. When I turned, I saw him holding an empty, big vessel.

Soon, we were having a big water fight. We didn't notice that the whole kitchen was becoming a pool. I was gonna throw another vessel of water......

"What the hell is this...??" I heard someone say. We looked at each other and turned to look who was that.... Uncle Furqaan.

He was looking at us confused. Of course! He will because we are full wet as if we were bathing with our clothes on and the whole kitchen was a pool of water.

Furqaan Uncle was followed by Mom, Dad, Zia di and Amina Aunty. All were staring at us with wide eyes.

"Are you all kids to do these...? Don't you think this is inappropriate for grown up people...?" Mom asked.

We were ashamed of our acts.... But deep inside of me, I felt we had so much fun.

"Fathima leave them... It's Okay.... They should have some fun... and don't worry about cleaning.... They caused these mess so they will only clean it" Amina Aunty saved us from getting more shoutings from the rest of them.

We all were tired after cleaning the mess...

Today was the best day.... Except cleaning the kitchen.... But I enjoyed a lot.......

*********************

In the morning, We were eating breakfast. Dad got a call, "Assalamualaikum... What?.... Is he Ok?...... Oh! Allah.... I am coming..... InshaAllah I will be there in half an hour...." he hung up.

Were waiting for him to say something but he didn't say anything, except, "Eat fast... We have to leave as soon as possible."

Actually Zia di had an appointment with the doctor. So we were already ready to go.

In the car, Dad turned towards me and said "Shifa.... You snd Zia go to the hospital.... I will drop you both there.... We are going to Furqaan Uncle's place.... He is not well..." He said the last part in a low voice.

***********************

After the doctor did a check up on her. She was transferred to a room.

Her delivery date is on August 9... But, the doctor had told Zia di to come four days before. So, today is 5th of August.

At lunch time, I went to the canteen and bought two sandwiches and two juices.

At 4:00, Zia di started moaning and groaning. "What happened Zia di?" I asked.

Then she started screaming. I rushed to a nurse and told Zia di is having pain.

She came and checked and said "It's  her time.... We have to take her to the labour room." I nodded but I was really scared as I have never faced this kind of situation, especially alone.

Zia di was taken to the labour room. I immediately called mom. She picked the call after few rings.

"Assalamualaikum.... Shifa..."

" Walaikumassalam mom.... Where are you? Actually, Zia di is taken to the labour room" I said with a worried tone.

"What? Really?, We can't come there now because here Furqaan Uncle got a heart attack and we are taking him to the hospital....."

I cut her off and said "What? Furqaan Uncle.... Oh! Allah.... is he Ok" I asked with concern.

"Shifa, Pray for him... InshaAllah, He will be fine.... I will send someone, so you won't be alone".

"Ok, Mom"

"Take care... Allah Hafiz" Mom said and I hung up.

Exactly after fifteen minutes, someone came and sat beside me leaving some space between us.

I lifted my head to look at the person and I was shocked....

Why didn't Mom send Anaya and Alishba or someone else?

Why only HIM....

Ugh.......!!!!

---------------------------------------