Chapter 26

Allah said:

Verily, the Hour is coming, so forgive them with gracious forgiveness.

Surah Al-A’raf 7:199

********************************

Hadi's POV

I was in the office when I got a call from Asif, saying that he wants to meet me to talk something important.

I am on my way to Mushrif park as Asif said me to come there. I went inside and saw Asif sitting on the bench impatiently.

I went towards him "Assalamualaikum... Asif " I said extending my hand to shake his hand.

"Walaikumassalam... take a seat" He said in a serious tone. Asif never acted like this before... Now what happened?

"Why did you call me Asif... Did anything happen?" I asked in a calm tone.

"Yeah... I just want to know that are you happy with this marrige or not?" He asked and I calmly replied,

"Of course! we are happy... why are you asking this question? "

"I don't think... you both are happy with this marrige" I shivered at his cold tone.

"Why do you think like this?" I asked confused.

"You promised me on your wedding day that you will take care of her, protect her... I am sorry because I had come to your house day before yesterday and overheard your fights" I was shocked to hear this... then it clicked me that Alishba said to leave the door lock open when I called her as she was on her way back from her friends house.

"It's not like this Asif... I was really frustrated at that moment as I had so much work to do. I was not-" I was cut off by Asif,

"It doesn't mean that you will take all your anger on her"

"Its not like what you are thinking"

"Then what is it" he asked me and I was not able to meet his gaze... should I say him?... what if it makes him more angry! It's the correct time to say it. I prepared myself to say the truth,

"I was in 12th when...." I said him everything.

"Why the hell you didn't say me this before... and who all know about this?" He asked me

"Mom, I, Shifa and now you also" I said.

He stood up and left the park without saying anything. I was shocked by his behaviour but I would do the same if my sister's would be in this condition....

Ahhh! What have I done?

*****

It's been two weeks after I spilled out about my past to Asif. Last week Asif, Mom and Dad went to India for two weeks to meet our relatives.

Alishba went for an Educational trip yesterday after her teacher convinced me a lot. I didn't want to leave her alone but since her teacher is a also Muslimah I trust her.

Today I and Shifa are going to Riyadh for my business trip. Shifa has to come with me, leaving her classes as she would be alone here.

We are going by road. In four or five hours we will reach there. We should reach there by then because I have a very important meeting in which I am the main person so if I didn't reach, there is no meaning in the meeting as I have all the important files.

We have to atleast stay there for 5 to 6 days so I have booked a hotel. We left our home at 10am. Now we are on the way to Riyadh.

The road to Saudi is very lonely. We will not get petrol pumps frequently. Now I missed one petrol pump and my car is running out of petrol.