Chapter 19

"Everyone is going to taste death, and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good, and to Us, you will be returned." Quran (Surah Al-Anbiya:212)

************************

Shifa's POV

I was making Lasagne. Asif Bhai entered the kitchen and started teasing me "Oh! Shifa is cooking... then today, I will have to sleep hungry"

"Oh! Okay then don't eat. If you eat then I will show you" I threatened him.

"Okay! By the way, what are you making?"

"Lasagne" I know that he loves lasagne

"Oh! Lasagne! Sorry..... Sorry..... you're the best cook in the world...." he started buttering me

"Stop... buttering me... I will not give you... go away..."

"Oh! Hello, if you didn't give me then wait and watch!"

"But, you only sai....." I was cut off by dad's voice..

"Asif beta" Dad called, Asif Bhai glared at me and left

After some time I heard Asif Bhai's phone ringing

"Asif Bhai your phone is ringing" I didn't get any reply, so I looked at the caller ID....

'HADI'

I thought I will not pick but it rang for some more time. I felt something unusual and I picked

"Assalamualaikum Asif... Mom and Dad met with an accident, they are taken to NMC hospital.... please come fast...." he said in one breath.

I was shocked to hear that..

"What? Ya Allah...." I shouted and with that, the phone fell from my hand.

I started sobbing and praying to Allah that nothing should happen to them. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

Everyone came running and asked me what happened. While sobbing, I told everything to them and then we all left for the hospital.

*****

Thinking about Amina Aunty and Furqaan Uncle, I couldn't control myself from crying.

The doctor came and said "We are really sorry.... we couldn't save Mr. Furqaan and Mrs. Furqaan is in a critical condition.... Mr. Qasim is doing well"

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un" Everyone muttered

On hearing, this Anaya fainted and Alishba fell on her knees.

I sat down to console Alishba "Don't cry Alishba, we should pray for Furqaan Uncle, so that he will get the highest place in Jannah"

**************************

Hadi's POV

After sometime, again the doctor came and said "Mrs. Furqaan got her consciousness back. This may be your last chance to talk to her. There are only 30% chance for her to live.... Now its upto Allah whether she will live or not... the maximum we can do is pray..."

Anaya, Alishba and I went inside first. I saw my mom's pale face.

"I don't have much time to live in this world. How is your Dad?...." she asked.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to reply. I somehow said, "H....he.... went.... to.... Allah"

She covered her mouth with her hand and sobbed quietly and said "Hadi..... You have to look after Alishba..... don't give up on anything.... life is full of ups and downs.... and look after your business.... If your dad would be there he would have said the same....."

Anaya and Alishba kissed her forehead and mom muttered "InshaAllah, we will meet in Jannah" with that Anaya and Alishba started sobbing.

"Hadi... call Shifa and you also come" mom said

I went out of the room with Anaya and Alishba and called Shifa.

"Actually.... I will not live more to see my kids getting married.... These many years I kept that incident as a secret but inspite of that I want Shifa as my Daughter in Law!" I was shocked to hear this from mom. " Hadi.... please accept her and give her all the rights as a wife."

We looked at each other in shock.

After knowing that we hate each other... How could mom say this?

Then mom told me to call everyone.

**************************

Shifa's POV

I can't believe that Amina Aunty could say this, even when she knows about our past...

When everyone came, Amina Aunty said "I and Furqaan had decided that we want Shifa as our daughter in law... I will not be able to find a daughter in law better than Shifa. I feel that this will be my last wish... After expressing my feelings to you, I feel happy to go to Allah by leaving you all.... InshaAllah, we will meet in Jannah"

She took a deep breath and I saw her hand falling. When I looked at the monitor, her heart rate stopped...

"Ya Allah...... Aunty....." I screamed and then I muttered "Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un" under my breath.....

*****

Nearly two weeks passed away. I can't even believe that my Aunt and Uncle is no more..... they have gone far away from us..... I can't still believe that I will never ever see them, never hear them..... Oh my Allah!!!

Ting Tong!!

That sound brought me back to reality. I opened the door and saw that person with that hatred look.

"Hadi, when did you come? Come inside, why are you standing out...?" Mom asked him and he sincerely came inside by giving me that hatred look again.

Oh my Allah!! How am I going to spend my whole life with him?

I glared at him and straight away went to my room........

-----------------------------------