Chapter 21

And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them, and He placed you between affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.
(30:21)

***********************

Hadi's POV
6 months later

This day is great for everyone but I don't feel any special feeling on this day.

It's MY MARRIAGE!!!

The Nikah is taking place in Ali Uncle's house.

Alishba, Junaid and Anaya with her in-laws, Omar, and his twins siblings; Hamna and Hamza came to our house yesterday.

"Bhai.... Actually-" Anaya came in but I was confused to see her shocked

"What happened?" I asked in confusion

"Mashaa Allah.... Bhai you look so handsome..... I am sure Shifa will not be able to take her eyes from you" I rolled my eyes at her. "Bhai... Where did you keep the jewellery box?"

"It's in mom's cupboard"

I miss mom and dad. I always wanted my parents to be there in my marriage.

Alishba and Anaya left the house 15 minutes before us to go to Ali Uncle's house. And we are on the way to the masjid for the Nikah.

***************************

Shifa's POV

Every girl waits for this day but I don't feel anything like that.

I had a dream of completing my studies and then getting married at the age of twenty-four. But it's my fate to get married at this age.

Alishba and Anaya helped me in getting ready. Now I am looking at myself in the mirror where I can see a different Shifa.

Soon I will be HIS... Whom I hate the most.

We never expected to be one.....

****

The Nikah was done. I still can't believe that we are married. This feels like a nightmare to me. But... No, this is the reality.

I am sitting in the backyard on the stage with my cousins around me.

"Can you bring water for me?" I said to Alishba as it will not be appropriate for me to go and take water for myself.

"Yes... of course, bhabhi," she said and winked at me

"Bhabhi?" I asked confused

"Yes..., As your husband is my bhai so you will be my bhabhi," Alishba said in a teasing tone and I rolled my eyes at her.

"No... you will call me Shifa"

"Yeah... Whatever... we will see" she said again winking at me and then disappeared into the crowd.

****************************

Alishba's POV

The men hadn't reached yet from the masjid. Shifa asked me to get water for her so I was going to take water.

I filled the glass with water and was walking towards the stage.

At that moment the groom, I mean my brother entered with Ali Uncle and others.

So I got stuck in the crowd of men and bumped into someone. The water spilled on my gown. I got really angry that without looking up I shouted on that person...

"What the hell are you doing? Can't you see?... You? Omar? Ahhh! You spoiled my dress"

"Ummm... Sorry... I was on a phone call" he said politely and accepted his mistake.

"It's alright" I said

I was shocked at his politeness even after I scolded him. He could even argue with me and blame me that I was walking blindly.

But... No, he didn't.....

Now, I feel bad for scolding him.

I filled the glass with water again. I went to the backyard and gave it to Shifa.....

************************

Hadi's POV

I entered the house with Ali Uncle and others. Asif directed me towards the backyard.

I entered the backyard and was walking towards the stage but when I looked up and my gaze fell on her, I was shocked to see that she was really looking beautiful in her lehenga and a heavy dupatta is placed on her head.

'Beautiful... seriously Hadi you said her beautiful'.... my conscience reminded me

'No way! she is looking beautiful.... you hate her so how can you say that.....' I said to myself

I sat beside her on the seat that was placed in between the stage for the bride and groom.

"Assalamualaikum" I greeted her

"Walaikumassalam" she replied with nervousness

As there are many people around us, we have to behave properly. I saw Anaya coming towards us.

"Ooo, you can chit-chat later... let's click some photos," Anaya said teasing us

I don't understand why people always like teasing the newly wed couples. And when I ask them they say it's fun to tease them. I am not at all liking their teasings.

I stood up and Shifa also stood up. She was standing beside me, our shoulders brushing a little.

****

Shifa's POV

Now it's time for us to leave. I don't feel like going to Furqaan Uncle's house without Furqaan Uncle and Amina Aunty.

There are many memories in their house and Of course! the house will look so empty without them....

I miss them sooo much.....

I hugged Zia di and kissed Noora's cheeks. Then I hugged Mom and she whispered to me for the last time "be a good wife".

I hugged dad and he told me that he would miss me which made me cry even harder.

Mom and dad came along with me to bid me goodbye.

I came out and saw Asif Bhai. He came to me and hugged me. I hugged him back. He even shed few tears, I didnt know he had so much affection towards me.

We broke the hug and Asif bhai turned towards Hadi and said "Take care of my little sister. If she shed a single drop of tear because of you then I would not hesitate to use my boxing skill".

"I also have experience in boxing", Hadi said with a smirk

He looks good when he smirks...

'Why am I thinking like this about him.... I hate him and this hate will never change into love....'

"You better take care of my sister, okay" Asif said sternly.

I bid goodbye to everyone and left with teary eyes.

I am leaving my childhood memories behind. Now I am going to start a new life with the person I hate the most........

---------------------------------------