Chapter 23

Rasulullah [Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Amongst the most perfect of mumins in Imaan is he who has the best Character and amongst the best of them is he who is kindest towards his wife."

********************

Shifa's POV

I woke up irritated by hearing the alarm. I tried to stretch my hand to turn OFF the alarm . But couldn't because my bracelet was stuck with something....

I tried to remove it, then I realised that it was stuck with HIS shirt's button. I stretched my other hand to reach my mobile so that I could turn ON the flash light. I switched on the flash light....

"What the hell are you doing?" Hadi shouted angrily.

"Umm... Umm... my bracelet... Umm... Your button" I stammered because of his sudden outburst.

"My button?... get up... move away" he again shouted.

"Wait! Don't move..." I said but he didn't listen to me and moved. I heard a voice of something breaking. I looked at the bracelet and saw that the button was stuck on it.

I started to laugh as he was looking confused "your button is broken" I said between my laughter.

"It's not funny... you have to stich this" he said looking annoyed.

"What If I don't know how to stich it?" I asked with a teasing smile.

"You have to do it anyways..."

"I am-"

He cut me off and said "I don't want to waste my time arguing with you"

He went to the masjid to pray Fajr. I was folding the musalla after praying when he entered the room and directly went towards the bed and within some minutes he fell asleep as I heard his light snores.

I open his wardrobe to put my clothes in it. When I finished unpacking my bag, I glanced at the clock to see the time. It was 8:00.

I went downstairs towards the kitchen to make pancakes for breakfast. When I was making the last pancake, I saw Alishba entering the kitchen.

"Assalamualaikum Shifa" Alishba said.

"Walaikumassalam.... Had a good sleep?" I asked Alishba.

"I should be asking you that" Alishba said in a teasing tone. "let me help you" she said and stood near the stove.

"No... No, it's the last one. Can you go and set the table"

"Okay... I will" Alishba said and she was taking the tray of pancakes to the dining room but she was stopped by Hadi...

"Wow... Alishba... you made the pancakes without burning it... Ahh! Am I dreaming-"

Hadi was cut off by Alishba "Woah! bhai... No... I didn't make it, Your wife made it." She winked at him and left the kitchen leaving us alone.

He glared at me and walked away...

****

"What shall we cook for lunch?" I asked Anaya and Alishba.

"What about chicken curry?... Bhai loves it" Anaya said with a teasing smile.

I glared at her and said "Okay let's make" I didn't say yes to make chicken curry because he loves it. I said it because they shouldn't know that we are not on good terms.

Within two hours, our food was ready.

"Anaya... call everyone for lunch" I said.

"I have already called them... come... we were waiting for you" Anaya said pulling me with her to the dining room.