Chapter 14

Hadith on Friendship: The parable of a good friend and a bad friend

Abu Musa reported: The Prophet, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, "Verily, the parable of a good friend and a bad friend is only that of a seller of musk and a blacksmith. The seller of musk will give you some perfume, you will buy some, or you will notice a good smell. As for the blacksmith, he will burn your clothes or you will notice a bad smell."

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1995

There's an author's note at the end of the chapter pls do read it. :)

***************************

Shifa's POV

It's been two weeks since that horrible day and the delivery of Zia di. Now Alhamdulillah everything is back to normal.

Ahmed jiju named the baby as Noora Binth Ahmed. She is so cute..!! Masha Allah!!! They are staying at our house.

Asif came back two days after Furqaan Uncle's operation. Actually, he had gone for a kind of educational trip. As he is studying architecture he has to travel a lot. This was one of his projects.

Asif and Hadi are of same age but Hadi's course was only for 4 years as he took Bcom but Asif is still in his last year as his course is for 5 years.

I am not interested in any of those. We have to study a lot for these types of course. I like to travel because one of my dreams is to explore the world.

In last few days I went to several universities and wrote entrance exams. But I wish I get admission in Amity.

The day after tomorrow is EID-UL-ADHA'A, Now I am at Amina Aunty's house. We all are going for shopping. Asif Bhai had to drop us for the shopping, but unfortunately, his tires got punched and he is now in the workshop. He doesn't know when his car will get repaired. So, he asked us to go with Hadi.

UGH!! Again him.

Me, Anaya, Alishba and my mom headed towards Hadi's car. Amina Aunty did not come because she wanted to look after uncle Furqaan.

"Anaya, you go and sit in the passenger seat-" Mom said

"Mom.... We three want to sit together" I protested.

"Okay..Okay..fine." Mom said and sat in the passenger seat.

I was sitting just behind the driver's seat when I looked up mine and Hadi's eyes met. He was staring at me with that hatred look, which I returned and looked away.

FLASHBACK STARTS

I was in 9th grade. The last bell rang, I and Aliya were standing outside the gate of our school talking. I usually go by RTA bus.

So, after Aliya came, We went to the nearby bus stop. We were talking about the project we both have to do together and submit next week.

After few minutes, her dad came and she went.

If I walk on the footpath of the main road it will take 6-8 minutes but I am lazy to walk. So I usually take the shortcut which takes only 3-4 minutes. The shortcut route is a passage between two building and I also have to go through the passage between the buildings, a gang of 7-8 boys came that way.

I recognized them. They are the bad boys of our school. They all started teasing me by saying.......

FLASHBACK ENDS

Someone interrupted me in my thoughts, "Hey...which world are you in?.... we reached" Alishba said while waving her hand in front of my face.

We all bought some type and simple gowns but different colors. Mine is pink and Alishba's is different shades of green while we were seeing dresses, I saw a lady who was constantly staring at Anaya.