Chapter 18

Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Ghafir, (verse 68), "He it is Who gives life and causes death. And when He decides upon a thing He says to it only: Be! And it is."

****************************

Shifa's POV

After lunch Amina Aunty and Furqaan Uncle went by road to Oman with their driver, Qasim.

Alishba and Hadi are gonna stay at our house for one week.

At night, after everyone went to sleep except for me because I love late night study.

When I felt sleepy I went to switch off the lights and check if the doors and windows are locked.

I switched off the lights of the living room and was about to go to my room, then I noticed that the kitchen's light was ON.

I went to switch off the lights but.......

"What the hell??" I said by turning around. "Can't you wear a shirt?" I said without turning back.

"Why are you here at this time?" He asked me and I heard his footsteps nearing towards me. So I ran without turning back, towards my room.

***************************

Hadi's POV

Today I am very happy because Mom and Dad are gonna come and I will not have to stay under the same roof with her...

Ufff!!!! That night!! Why was she awake at that time?

I went to the kitchen to drink water and I thought everyone would be asleep so I didn't bother to wear a shirt!!

After an hour, I have an important meeting with the employees of my company.

******

Alhamdullilah! The meeting was successful!! I was going back to Ali Uncle's house.

In the car my mobile started to vibrate "Assalamualaikum Mom....."

***************************

Amina's POV
(Hadi's Mom)

The trip was so good. Salalah is the best place for vacations. The weather was moderate.

Now we are on the way to go back to Dubai

"Amina" Furqaan called me

"Hmmm...." I muttered.

"Hadi has grown up. Now he is capable of handling my business. I feel that now he has to be settled...."

"Yeah, even I was thinking about it. Whom do you think would be suitable for him?" I asked

"I feel like my sister's daughter is best for him" Furqaan suggested

"Who?.... Shifa?..."

"Yes"

"No.... Umm.... Ok fine..." I agreed

But whatever happened four years ago, I don't think they would agree with it. I know that Furqaan loves Shifa a lot even I see her as my own daughter. But I don't think Shifa would be happy with him because of that incident. It was a secret between Shifa, Hadi and me. I never told anyone about it nor did Shifa or Hadi.

*****

We reached Dubai - Al Ain road

"Amina, call Hadi and inform him that we reached Dubai" Furqaan said

I called Hadi..... "Assalamualaikum Mom"

*************************

Hadi's POV

"Walaikumassalam, How are you beta?"

"I am fine Alhamdulillah"

"What about you and dad? Where are you now??"

"We are fine Alhamdulillah, We are In Dubai - Al Ain road. How is Alish....." Her voice was interrupted by a weird noise

" Hello?.... Mom?.... Hello...." I kept on calling mom but no one replied.

I took U- turn and went to Dubai - Al Ain road.

So many questions started revolving in my mind. I started panicking,

What happened to them?

Are they okay? Ya Allah, please save my parents......

**************************

Author's POV

A truck from behind came in full speed and suddenly hit the car in which Furqaan and Amina are travelling.

The car rolled several times and the truck went aside and hit the palm tree.

One of the passer by called the Police and the Ambulance. And the ambulance took the victims to the nearby hospital.

************************

Hadi's POV

It took me more than half an hour for me to reach there. I saw dad's car upside down and a big truck on the other side of the road.

Pieces of glass and bloods were scattered on the road.

Looking at these my heart broke into pieces.... Ya Allah, you are the only one who can save my parents..... so please let them be safe.....

I saw a police standing there, "Where are the victims?" I asked

"They are taken to NMC hospital" the police replied

I rushed towards the hospital.

I called Asif "Assalamualaikum Asif...." and said everything in one breath and not bothering to hear his reply.

"What? Ya Allah...." It was Shifa

I regreted saying everything without knowing whom I am talking to.... I heard her burstout and then I heard a loud thud. I hung the call.

Then I called Junaid and informed him about it.

I was sitting outside the ICU, waiting for the doctors to give me the news. I really felt so helpless that my eyes were filled with tears.

Then I heard footsteps coming near. I looked up to see Ali Uncle and his family.

Ali Uncle pulled me in a hug and said "InshaAllah, they will be fine". Now I couldn't control my tears anymore... "Hadi... You have to be strong for your sisters" I broke the hug and looked around to find Shifa consoling Alishba.

When Alishba's eyes met mine, she hugged me and started sobbing. I calmed her down and saw Asif coming towards me. "Have patience... Hadi... whatever happens, happens for good... they will be fine..... InshaAllah." When I broke the hug, I saw Shifa sobbing silently by standing beside Fathima Aunty.

After sometime, Junaid and Anaya came. I shook hands with Junaid and hugged Anaya. She started sobbing even harder.

****

After waiting for what felt like hours, the doctor came "Are you the relatives of Mr. and Mrs. Furqaan"

"Yes" Ali Uncle replied and I nodded

Then he said something which I never wanted to hear in my life.......

--------------------------------------------------